“Clean and comfortable!”
Review of Red Roof Inn Ocala

Red Roof Inn Ocala
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were greeted by Cheryl at the front desk with a wonderful smile and chocolate chip cookies. Our room with king sized bed had so much more room then other comparable rooms and was Very clean and comfortable. This is our second stay here and we will return again. Very pleased and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were visiting Ocala for the Santos mountain biking and had our dog with us. We always try to stay at the Red Roof Inn because they have a great pet friendly attitude. We also needed to work remotely from the hotel during the day so we needed fast, reliable wifi. We stayed there for four nights.

THE GOOD:
PET FRIENDLY! That's the biggest draw for us when choosing a hotel. The bathrooms and linens were clean. Cable and a big tv. Great toiletries! I know it sounds silly but Pantene shampoo and good smelling soap really make a difference. The cleaning staff and front desk managers were super nice (except for one women who I think was the owner) and very friendly to our pup. Free computer in the lobby with a printer for guests was very nice. Very fast wifi. There are coin laundry facilities which is great. A gym and pool are very nice additions as well. The warm cookies in the evening are just such a lovely touch!!

THE BAD:
On Friday, they raised to rates of the hotels. I think that policy is pretty off-putting for extended stay guests. There are dozens of clean, cheap motels nearby but we had chosen to stay there for four nights. Seems like they could have kept our rate for one extra night.

No lotion in the toiletries. The desk/table was pretty small as was the closet.

At breakfast, the bananas were brown and the oranges were dry. With a fruit stand right down the street and being in orange growing country, they should have had better produce. Likewise, yogurt, cold cereal or more healthy options would have been a nice breakfast addition. The starches were all sugary, unhealthy options and the only non-muffin/danish/waffle option was instant oatmeal (with sweetener or sugared already added).

THE UGLY:
The coffee. Oh god, it was horrible. They have a machine that only takes tiny Styrofoam cups and the water came out barely light brown. It was so bad I would get up early to walk down the road and buy coffee at Waffle House, which is not great but still better than this.

Likewise, this is not an eco-friendly hotel. All the breakfast plates and cups were Styrofoam. The silverware was plastic. The towels were very clean and white but smelled like a lot of bleach were used on them. It would be nice to see them go more eco-friendly.

_____________

Overall, we might stay here again. It was clean, safe, pet friendly and had good wifi for working. However, the rate hike and breakfast left something to be desired.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Jason and Kimberly went over board to be helpful Thanks for having Great People,enjoyed my stay and felt like I was coming HOME every night.Dog people really are the very best ,kind and thoughtful.Bre3kfast was nice to wake up to ,enjoyed your choice of coffee and the fact it was always available.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This Red Roof Inn is one of the nicest places we have stayed on this trip. It is clean, quiet and well decorated. The young lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. She baked cookies and set them out for the guests to enjoy. The place is easy to find and the parking lot is well lit. Stay here if you ever in Ocala.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was our 4th or 5th stay at this particular location 120 NW 40th Ave. Ocala FL. It's very clean, very comfortable beds and pillows; very clean and spacious bathroom. Bathroom sink is inside the bathroom, which I really appreciate being able to close the door from the rest of the room. Shower was excellent with lots of hot water. Our room had 2 Doubles, a very comfy easy chair with ottoman and spacious enough table for laptop, there was also a microwave and refrigerator. We had a ground floor room near easy side entrance. Flat screen TV had only a small picture, not full size and couldn't adjust it, that was annoying. Great wifi in room, speed very acceptable. Hair Dryer, Iron/Board, Laundry Bag. Soap, shampoo. Don't laugh...some motels now leaving these little conveniences out. Exercise room down the hall, nice. Breakfast area was also nicely set up and roomy. Small 4 cup coffee in room but Breakfast Room had 24 hr coffee/latte/tea/hot chocolate machine. Breakfast items included: coffee, juice, milk, cereal, muffins, sweet rolls, bagels, fruit. We had Dominos pizza delivered in but nearby there is a Waffle House, Dennys, Wendy's, McDs. Also RaceTrac gas station nearby and 1 exit further south on I-75 is everything. We will return to this Red Roof again.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was convenient but noisy from upstairs guest noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The lobby was spacious and elegantly decorated just like the $100/night hotels. When I approached the desk, the clerk (Cheryl) had to handle a couple phone calls about reservations, but she did a good job of multitasking and I was not kept waiting. My wife asked if there was a refrigerator/microwave in the room. Cheryl said she was sorry that there was not. When we opened the door of our room we were pleasantly surprised to discover that Cherll was wrong. We felt that the local management and staff are doing an excellent job of making us feel we received a good value. We found this hotel to be as spotless and luxurious as the other reviews say.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had made reservations with the 800 service and they assured me that there would be parking for my Pickup and Trailer. But when I went to the lobby, the young girl behind the desk was chatty on her cell phone. Not wanting to be rude, I waited for her to stop talking. Thinking she would hang up and give me her full attention, she didn't and asked me what I needed and she continued to have a conversation with the person on the cell phone and me at the same time. (HOW RUDE). I told that I had reservations and that I couldn't find a place to park. She never hung up the cell phone the whole time I was there. However, I didn't stay here because there wasn't enough parking. But if I were the motel owners, I would fire this nite time staff.

Room Tip: Stay at the Howard Johnson Inn... Very friendly and helpful staff here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business