“Not my typical red roof”
Review of Red Roof Inn Ocala

Red Roof Inn Ocala
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Cape Cod
“Not my typical red roof”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was not my typical red roof inn because the building was modern and had inside doors. The receptionist was pleasant and knowlegable. The location was less than a mile from 75. There were 2 gas stations nearby, one of them had a convenient store. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Fresno, California
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was a very nice place to stay. We just stayed one night but it was clean and very comfortable. Not much for breakfast but we didn't stay for the food. it was a great stay for the price. Very cheap considering how nice of a place it was. We had no problems at all and would stay again if going through Ocala.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I booked my recent stay based on fellow travelers ratings. Have faith in the system!

When I exited I-75 the first thing I noticed was an abandoned looking motel with a Denny's right in front. Looked like a place Sam and Dean Winchester would not even investigate...creepy. Continuing down the street I spot the Red Roof Inn and pulled in. I wasn't sure based on the neighborhood, if I really wanted to stay there until I walked in the door.

Best kept secret! This place was gorgeous inside. Clean, fresh....just what I wanted to find at the end of a 10 hr drive. Check in was very quick and painless. Got to our room and it was so nice-spotless and ready to crash into those very comfortable beds. We had a deluxe queen with the fridge/microwave set ups, flatscreen tv and very good wifi.

The next morning even though it was around 8:30 or so, there was still plenty of items at breakfast-fresh fruit, juices, milk and an amazing coffee set up (I don't drink it, just noticed the huge machine they had).

The room was quiet and very much worth every penny. But what made it special was how friendly all of the staff was. From the moment we walked in, we were treated like family, "got fresh cookies, I just put out be sure to get one!" Everyone we met made us glad we chose to stay here.

When we checked out, the clerk (sorry I didn't get her name, but she had checked us in two days earlier) call me by name without looking anything up....never ever happened anywhere before.

If we ever need to stay in that area, we will be at RRI. No question about that and I'll recommend it to anyone going that way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TNCELTICLADY
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was the first time I can remember staying at e Red Roof inn. I was skeptical about what we were going to find when we got there.
Daniel checked us in, and helped us to get all we needed to be comfortable.
Kimberly has a terrific personality.
The jewel of the staff is Heather, she is always smiling, happy to see you, and will go out of her way to make sure you are content with everything the hotel has to offer.
I like'd it so much that I just made new reservatioons there.
The rooms are very clean, but the staff makes you feel at home from the first time you walk through the door to the last time you walk out to go home.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel was perfect from the time I walked in the door and was greeted by Kimberly . What a pleasant personality she has, but also very quick and efficient check in right down to the little drawing on the key card envelope.I had a king room on the 3rd floor as requested in my reservation. The room was large ,very clean ,spotless bathroom with plenty of towels, a 32" flatscreen tv, working microwave and refrigerator.The bed was very comfortable. Very quiet room ,did not hear anyone talking or doors slamming as in most hotels. We needed to get to a early morning graduation and had the wrong address.We went back to the hotel hoping to find the correct address,Heather looked up the place we were going and wrote it down so I could gps it . This was just a walk in ,I am not sure she knew I was staying there but she sure went out of her way on a busy day for me. We have stayed in Ocala about 10 times in the last 6 years and every time was a total nightmare. Each time a different hotel .This was the first time we had ice in the ice machine.Check out with Heather again was smooth and all so pleasant . The staff definitely makes a difference. I look forward to my next trip to Ocala so I can stay here again.

Room Tip: our room on 3rd floor was great , no long wait for elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fishertwinn
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Very clean motel with great staff!!!! Heather at the front desk is awesome,she was very nice and very helpful to me my wife!! I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Good cheap place to stay. All hotels kinda are the same but what makes the difference is the people who work there. Kimberly was the person who made the stay all that i could of asked for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business