“First time visit”

Braised Onion Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Braised Onion Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 489 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had heard about the Braised Onion but had never visited. Finally one day we said let's go for lunch. We were pleasantly surprised. The menu offerings were very good. The food quality was excellent and prepared to our specifications. The wait staff was pleasant and efficient. The prices are a little on the high side, but it was a very good experience.

There are newer reviews for Braised Onion Restaurant

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant started out with a bang, and now is inconsistent. Chef Felix isn't keeping reins on food quality & prep. Although dining rooms are attractive, ambiance is spotty with large noises groups and untrained wait staff. Unless things turn around the future of this place is questionable.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This restaurant has an artsy décor Si I was not expecting the menu to be down to earth home-style foods. The meal began with tasty breads. Our entrees were all superb. All flavors were Rick and robust. Service, 8 out of 10. We will be returning.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Wooooo Whooooo date lunch for me and my hubby. This was our first time eating at the Braised Onion and we were surprised right when we walked in. The Hostess was pleasant. The server was friendly and professional. We loved the restaurants décor. Looked clean and stylish. Bathrooms were clean and very nice.

We ordered the "Fried Green Tomatoes" as an appetizer with sauce on the side. Batter had a great flavor and it wasn't overly greasy. We also got ranch which I didn't think it was that good. The fried green tomatoes were a great appetizer and we would order it again. (Probably not a Vegan friendly food.)

I ordered a mixed green salad for $4.00 (meal did not come with a salad). Our server recommended their "Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette" which I thought was a great mixture of sweet and tangy.

I ordered the "Pasta Primavera" as my entrée. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! It was so good and full of flavor!!! (For Vegans, ask for no parmesan cheese.) I was very happy with what I ordered. Only complaint, there is no bread which I love having with my pasta and my salad. Overall great restaurant and we will be returning again in hopes it is as good as this first time.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our group consists of anywhere from 8 to 14+ folks who meet once a month for a nice lunch at a local resturant and good conversation. We are all retired from School Social Work and Psychological Services in Marion County. We meet as old friends, having worked together for many years; appreciating the chance to spend time together. As such we are not in a rush and love the laid back atmosphere at the Braised Onion. The food is good, choices and prices are reasonable and the portions good sized. I myself enjoyed the Broccoli and Cheese Quiche with a small bowl of their famous Crab Bisque. Excellent! We were seated in the Banquet room as there were quite a few of us there. Our waitress was prompt and friendly, taking our drink orders. No rush to order, we were allowed to take our time deciding on our menu choices. The chef here is well known in our area, winning many awards in local taste tests. All together a very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank sandifromfl