“Like they say - Comfort food with an attitude”

Braised Onion Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Braised Onion Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 489 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After reading several unfavorable reviews, as well as several good reviews, my husband and I opted to find out for ourselves. It was a very enjoyable evening, very friendly and efficient servers, and our food was very good, both in taste and appearance. We went on a Saturday evening, and had no waiting, although the restaurant was busy serving customers. The homemade dressing on our salad was excellent, as were the shrimp and grits entre and the signature baked onion soup. It's a bit of a drive for us since we don't live in Ocala; I wouldn't make a special trip to dine at The Braised Onion, but I would return if a trip to Ocala was necessary for another reason.

There are newer reviews for Braised Onion Restaurant

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had mixed reviews on this restaurant ..but more good than bad!!

We had a outstanding dinner, started with Grilled Mushroom soup,and N.O BBQ shrimp...both wonderful!1 Our Server was NOT PUSHY he was attentive, informed and knew his wine list! Even gave us alittle back ground on the Chuly like glass art. the salad were fresh! not over dressed and very good. As our entrée we shared braised pork shank, and Mahi piccata...both prepared to perfection! we could not have ask for a MORE pleasant evening...sorry we did not have room for dessert.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food is fancier than most local places, but IMO, not worth the price. I've eaten there twice (at someone else's request) and I've enjoyed my meals, but the way this was promoted when it first opened, I expected a lot more for the money.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Food as always was very good. You must try the braised onion appetizer and the cajun bbq shrimp. Mushroom soup terrific! Jeremy was our friendly server and he was attentive but not overbearing. We had prime rib, pecan salmon, and filet mignon. Everything was cooked to perfection with just the right crunch in the green beans and creamy Mac and cheese. We will be back!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Braised Onion was named after one of their specialty's...Braised Onion. This dish is bursting with flavor that explodes in your mouth. Open on Sunday is a plus...Great food...you will not leave hungry!

2  Thank dayvcrocket