“Zip the Canyons Ocala”

Ranked #1 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Ocala
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You won't find a zip line like this anywhere else! Zip past enormous cliffs, over lakes, and through the wilderness. This is a true canopy tour that includes 9 Zip Lines, 2 rope bridges, a rappel, beautiful scenery and more. Professionally trained and certified guides will lead you on an unforgettable 3 hour tour. Come see the view at our Welcome Center, you won’t believe this is Florida!
PLANT CITY
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Zip the Canyons Ocala”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was my 2nd time here what a blast I had. My guides were Jon and Bri they was great. This is a must if u are close to the Ocala area. 9 zips and 2 rope bridges and a repel down. It is well worth the money, The view is beautiful make the trip and do it, I also done the super zip at the end 1600 feet long and I went about 40 mph . I cant wait to go back and do it at night,

Visited January 2013

Alachua, Florida
“Glad I gave in to peer pressure!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was really awesome and I won't do roller coasters and don't really like heights. I was going to stay back (like I usually do if heights are involved) as most of my extended family did this and I'm so glad some of the youngsters pressured me into it! What a blast! It was beautiful, exciting and really fun. The guides were fabulous. As others have said, they give just the right mix of joking fun and keeping you safe. We had people from 12-60 and everybody is ready to go back for another big family outing. What a great way to kick off the new year- I think we have started a great tradition.

Ocala, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Fun in Ocala”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is the best thing to come to Ocala ever. Totally professional and safe. My 75 year old mother in law did the whole course. Granted she is in very good shape.The scenery is beautiful. You will be impressed. We have also done the horse riding it too is well done.Well worth the money.Check it out.

Anthony, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Horseback Riding - Amazing Ride!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

One of the most beautiful rides I have ever been on. Riding through the "canyons" that were dug out in the 1920s is like leaving Florida and heading out west. Beautiful lakes, canyons, hills. Horses are very well mannered, but not barn sour. Peggy and her husband who run the stables are great. Oh and I forgot the wagon ride to the stable, pulled by two very handsome draft horses! The perfect package!

1 Thank Deborah B
Ocala, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Finally something fun to do in Ocala!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is great. When I first heard of it I was worried about an attraction like this surviving in Ocala, but upon my visit out (swung by twice) they appear to be very busy and doing great! The guides are wonderful and I felt totally safe for the entire trip. The course includes multiple zip lines, each one better than the one before. Included in this is the longest and fastest zip line in the state. If a regular zip line trip isn't exciting enough for you, during the summer months they offer trips at night as well. For more information and to check out a video I made of my visit, check out: http://www.forgottencompass.com/2012/07/the-canyons-zip-lining.html

Visited June 2012