“Zippity Doo Dah!!”

Ranked #1 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Ocala
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: You won't find a zip line like this anywhere else! Zip past enormous cliffs, over lakes, and through the wilderness. This is a true canopy tour that includes 9 Zip Lines, 2 rope bridges, a rappel, beautiful scenery and more. Professionally trained and certified guides will lead you on an unforgettable 3 hour tour. Come see the view at our Welcome Center, you won’t believe this is Florida!
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This trip was a total surprise for me, planned by my husband. I do have a fear of heights, but knew I would be safe, and was very excited to participate! From the very beginning, our guides (Craig & Alex) had a great rapport with each other and our group-- I was immediately, albeit proudly, labeled a "problem child". We were a hodge-podge group that was joined together at the last minute. It could not have been more fun! The equipment was in great condition and absolutely safe. The guides were very relaxed, but they took our safety and comfort very seriously. We felt like we had made some friends in those 3 hours! I recommend The Canyons to anyone looking for an adventurous, adrenaline-filled good time!! We'll definitely be back to request Craig & Alex again! (Hey Alex, what's Mach 1 again?)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"can't wait to go back"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went yesterday with my sister, Jones and Kyle our guides were great. It was an awsome time zip lining. We will absolutely go back again. There were lots of zip lines and the bridges were cool as well.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had a group of six, 29 Sep 12. The weather was great, the experience was even greater. Our guides, Jonathan and Dylan, were excellent. They got along very well with everyone in our group, and they were very meticulous and consistent when it came to safety. Everyone in our group had a good time, and we will be back for the day trips, and we are also planning a night zip.
Mike Hicks

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, since he always raved about the ziplining he did in Costa Rica. Honestly, I didn't think he would be as impressed with this as his previous experiences, but let me tell you.. I was wrong. The staff was incredibly pleasant.. walked us (me) through the whole thing. I was terrified, but they trained us really well, and made me feel very safe. After the first zip line, I was sold. We were laughing the whole time. It was such an awesome experience. The tour is the perfect amount of time, and the zip lines are SO much fun! I can't wait to try the night tours now!

2  Thank LeeAnna W
See more reviews
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I took our 2 daughters (ages 14 and 17) here. The staff helped us ease into the idea of flying through the air on a zip line. I have to admit, my knees were weak as I walked the stairs to the first high platform. I am terribly afraid of heights. But, they guides made it fun. There were about 8 people in the group with two guides. Once I got over my anxiety of the heights, which took about 3 zip lines, I really started looking forward to the next higher and longer one. The higher and longer, the faster the ride. The last one was over a huge canyon. They take group pictures and action photos. These were a great keepsake that we purchased at the end of our journey. Highly recommend this for those who want to step out of their comfort zone and enjoy the outdoors.

2  Thank JH500