“Craft Beer Find”

Pi on Broadway
Ranked #63 of 477 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toledo, Ohio
“Craft Beer Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stopped in Ocala overnight while traveling and since we avoid chain restaurants, we looked at the downtown area and stumbled on this jewel. We had pizzas and sampled their selection of craft beers. The pizzas were wood-fired and very tasty. As we were there at lunch time, it was pretty quiet with mostly locals grabbing lunch. The chef came out and talked to us and invited us to look around. There is a really cute rooftop bar and seating area that would be really fun to hang out at in the evening. Service was great and we would definitely stop back if we had the chance.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank njn2mom

Ocala
“GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have eaten at Pi several times, they have Tapas, Sandwiches, and Pi's (gourmet Pizzas).
Everything I have tried has been excellant. They also have a great selection of Craft Beers.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Joe C
Ocala, Florida
“Awesome food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I love this place - great craft beers on tap, nice downtown location and AWESOME food! I loved the clams which were loaded with garlic and pancetta, and the mushroom pizza. However, the tomato, goat cheese dip was disappointing - just a hot bowl of tomato sauce with a chunk of goat cheese sprinkled with basil, served with pita. I was somehow expecting something more than what I got. I recommend this for a Friday or Saturday night - live music upstairs is perfect!

• Visited April 2012
Ocala
“great atsmopshere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

this bar was really cute and i had an amazing time! my only suggestion would be to get a better dj! this music was pretty ratched and could use some up. now im not saying only play music that i like because i feel i happen to have a pretty open mind when it come to music, but please stop filling the night with oldies and rock and roll that has been converted to techno!

• Visited January 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Interesting atmosphere, good food and drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have to say that I really liked my pizza. I LOVE mushrooms and they had a pizza that had three different kinds of mushrooms. So my experience of the food was good. I also enjoyed their beer selection. I had a good red beer and a very good stout. The rooftop eating area is a highlight of this place, but when I went at about 6:00 I could not find seating up there, even though it was a Thursday night. As others have pointed out there are not a traditional waitstaff here... the job is combined with bartender. It did not affect my service, though, which was prompt. I think this place might benefit from adding more seating... there really aren't that many tables there!

Visited March 2012