“Our First Time”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Our First Time”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have lived in Ocala for a number of years and have heard good things about Little Joey's but have never been there. I decided to take the plunge by trying take-out. I looked online for their menu (they don't have a website but you can find a copy of the menu at Urbanspoon) and placed an order: one pizza with spinach for the topping and a chicken parmigiana dinner. I was told it would take 20-25 minutes. I got there within 20 minutes and the two ladies at the register were very friendly. I told them it was my first time and asked if they had any to-go menus. I was told they were out but to try asking again. They did inform that they have a special price for pizzas on Tuesdays if I come again.

The pizza was good though the sauce was a little spicy. But nothing I wouldn't try again. My husband said the chicken parmigiana was good also. I think next time we will try dining in at an off-time. The place is rather small and I can imagine at peak times it would fill up rather quickly. It is in a strip mall where Big Lots is located. Also, FYI, the restaurant on Hwy 200 is not open on Sundays.

• Visited April 2013

Ocala, Florida
“Hidden gem local restaurant.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We just ate here for the first time, and were pleasantly surprised. This is a small restaurant located in a strip mall, so is not easy to find. The service was good without being in your face. The food was very good and the prices were reasonable. The food was very fresh and tasty... we will be back.

Summerfield, Florida
“ALWAYS GOOD.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good food, good service Always enjoy our meal whatever we order. We go quite often. Would recommend to anyone who likes Italian.

Visited February 2013
Wexford, PA
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had a great lunch at this restaurant hidden away in an obscure strip mall outside Ocala. The decor and ambiance are lacking, but this is more than made up for with the good service and tasty food. Four in our party...one had pizza, one had a pasta with various shellfish, and two had traditional Italian pasta. Meals came with Salad and bread. Food was very tasty and not expensive. Will definately go back.

• Visited March 2013
“Yay!finally a good pizza joint”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Been hearing about this place for awhile and finally checked it out and so glad I did, had the best pizza I've had in a long time, can't wait to go back and try something new. service could definitely be a little friendlier though