“Nice little slice of Italy”

Roma Italian Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 489 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Across from Ocala Palms Gated Community
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The staff was wonderful. It was very busy when I enter the restaurant, but the staff seated my quickly and got my drinks and food order. The food was hot and full of flavor. The owner and his wife toured the dining area quite often mingling with the guest.

There are newer reviews for Roma Italian Restaurant

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I would rate this between average and good. We were a group of 6 at a round table for dinner; 3 had pizza and 3 had dinners. Bread was fresh and hot, salads were mediocre. Everyone enjoyed their meal very much, though mine was not what I ordered. Husband had the lobster pasta which was loaded with lobster. I ordered the veal a la Roma with marinara, and it came with garlic oil sauce. We had waited long enough, so I didn't ask to have it returned. It was 20 min. after we were done before the waitress cleared the table and brought our checks. We even had to ask someone else to bring us boxes for leftovers. They were either way understaffed or inefficient. We heard plates dropped in the kitchen at least 3 times while we were there. No one asked to refill my water glass. It is a nice place in the Publix plaza, and for a Wednesday night it was packed. I will probably return and hope for better service.

1  Thank suenedNewYork
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I went to this restaurant during a one-night stay in Ocala. The restaurant is located in a mall and looks like nothing special from the outside. However, the dining area is large and pleasant. My waitress was quite good and responsive without hovering too much, My eggplant parm with pasta was not the best I have ever had but certainly in the top 10%. Prices were very fair and the value good.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Love this restaurant . It is by far the best Italian Meal that I have eaten. The owner of the business is awesome & his hospitily is very welcoming. It is a nice place to go with friends, family, or alone. The service is excellent.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently visited Ocala, Florida. On Friday night about 8pm we stopped at Roma Italian Restaurant. There was a good crowd, the smells coming from the kitchen just called your name, and the atmosphere was very nice. We ordered house pinot grigio (fair not great) and a beer. The menu offered a lot of variety. Lynn ordered lasagna and I got the chicken cacciatore. They served us a house salad and fresh bread. The bread was very good along with the salad. Dinner came out shortly. Both the lasagna and chicken had a very nice appearance, excellent aroma and taste was very good.

This restaurant is located off I-75 exit 354 heading west. If you are in the area you will enjoy some very nice Italian food. Staff was friendly and helpful. Buon Appetito…

1  Thank cdela10