“Wonderful time”

Cactus Jack's Trail Rides
Ranked #3 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding is FUN! Relax and enjoy beautiful guided trail rides from the FLORIDA HORSE PARK and on the Ocala GREENWAY Trail System. Horseback riding is FUN, SAFE and AFFORDABLE. We offer trail rides on our gentle, safe horses! See Florida's oak hammocks, pine forests, and green fields. Riding is the best way to see the beauty of the Ocala area. This is truly Florida at its best. The park is over 90,000 acres!!! We have outstanding horses and our guides have years of experience. We take riders 6 years old and up. We also do custom rides for the more experienced riders. Let us know what type of riding you enjoy, and we will do our best to accomodate..........Call for reservations!
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Had a awesome time couldn't of been better. Beautiful ride in Rock Springs Reserve. Saw lots of wildlife with great calm horses to ride. Very friendly staff I would definitely do it again.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Amazing scenery, attentive guide and nice horses. The greenway trails around the horsepark are scenic and a nice ride. I went on a 3 hour ride and enjoyed every moment. I have taken trail rides all over the world and rate this as one of the best. I am an experienced horse owner and have experience as a trail guide so I can tell you that our guide did an amazing job. He was attentive, knowledgeable about the horses and area...a very personable man. I understand the need to ride at the level of the least experienced rider so didn't mind the slow pace (it gave me time to admire the scenery). Next time I ride with Cactus Jack's (there will definitely be a next time) I would like to go out with a more experienced group or take a longer ride. FYI for experienced western riders...the aussie stock saddles are pretty comfortable.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Called 1 day ahead, made reservations for a 2pm ride Monday afternoon at Silversprings Park, drove family 90 miles to be told whoops sorry we did not bring enough horses today. Apparently Jamie forgot to write our names down on the roster ...Staff asked us to come back another day to ride...no apologies were made for their mistake. Staff did not care we just drove 1 1/2 hours and paid $8.00 to park the car. Complete waste of a beautiful day. Huge disappointment to family. Shame on you Cactus Jacks...

4  Thank j_t_richardson
cjtrailrides, Owner at Cactus Jack's Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I checked with the staff about your reservation to see what happened. I am told you added another rider to your group that morning, and they did send that extra horse for you....but sent it to the wrong park! So we do apologize for the screw up. We are not allowed to house horses at Silver River. We ship them in according to the reservations for the day. It was a mistake and we ARE sorry for your inconvenience. If you email me privately I will refund your $8.00 and send gift certificates for free rides. Thanks. Deb Zito (owner).

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My daughter and I had a great day. The Staff was very friendly and professional. The horses were excellent, Clean and well feed. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have many many years of experience with horses. I'm a international show jumper, so basically I know what I'm talking about! I first went to horse world, that place was a total joke, worst experience ever. I then looked up other places and found this! I wanted to bring my boyfriend who only rode once before, somewhere better than horse world where he could actually enjoy it! I decided to test this place out! I could not rate this place any higher than the best. We were greeted by the guys that worked there, they were laid back and chill and just cool! The owner showed up Jamie and the place lit up!! He was telling the funniest stories and got everyone excited. He took my boyfriend and I on a private trail ride ( every family actually got a private one). The horses were amazing. Like I mean amazing. He took us through some fun fun trails and it was actually like an adventure! We all laughed the whole time telling stories. Jamie was amazing!! So laid back and so freaking cool. We were actually at the rocky springs state park not the Ocala location! (Couldn't find that on here) same owner as this one though. If you're looking for a fun relaxed trail ride this is the place to go. Not horse world. That place is in it for the money, this place is in it for the love of horses and pleasing people. 90% of their horses have been rescued from homes that could not take care of them anymore. Jamie takes them and let's the horses enjoy life again. This is the place to go guys! Definitely going back again!!! Thank you again for a fun day!

15  Thank jennyflorida2