“Great for beginers”

Cactus Jack's Trail Rides
Ranked #3 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding is FUN! Relax and enjoy beautiful guided trail rides from the FLORIDA HORSE PARK and on the Ocala GREENWAY Trail System. Horseback riding is FUN, SAFE and AFFORDABLE. We offer trail rides on our gentle, safe horses! See Florida's oak hammocks, pine forests, and green fields. Riding is the best way to see the beauty of the Ocala area. This is truly Florida at its best. The park is over 90,000 acres!!! We have outstanding horses and our guides have years of experience. We take riders 6 years old and up. We also do custom rides for the more experienced riders. Let us know what type of riding you enjoy, and we will do our best to accomodate..........Call for reservations!
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have only been on a horse 2 times prior to this ride, once was in Mexico that did not go to good. We were grouped with 2 other couples some had ridden before and some not. We headed out in a group of 8 including 2 trail guides. The trail is not rough or rocky, steep or treacherous as I had encountered in Mexico, so I was glad. The guides were funny and made a point to talk with each person or couple during the ride. It is a nice gentle paced ride in some beautiful countryside.

1  Thank SAM C
cjtrailrides, Owner at Cactus Jack's Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your ride. We also offer rides for advanced riders, but do try to keep riders together with similar riding skills. We have horses for all levels of riders, and the trails are awesome right now.......Please ride with us again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My friend was visiting and I found many fun things to do in Ocala at a savings because of Groupon. Cactus Jack's was one of them. We had excellent guides. It was a relaxing, beautiful trip that is good for all ages. This is a TRAIL RIDE...no fast running or trotting even, just a nice ride on a nice horse. Lovely day - Thanks!

2  Thank BThankful
cjtrailrides, Owner at Cactus Jack's Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thanks so much for riding with us. We appreciate your business, and hope to have the opportunity to take you riding again. We now offer a custom 4 hour ride that is much more challenging (based on your abilities and preferences). Thanks again.....Deb

Reviewed June 2, 2012

6-2-12 We actually found Cactus Jacks because the trail ride we were going to take couldn't take us this weekend. I called and Jamie which by the way was wonderful, we loved him had a blast did not stop laughing the whole ride. The horses were beautiful and healthy and very loved you could tell. Jamie not only helped us with a place to stay, but recommended some very nice places to eat. We got lost coming in this morning and what a great person. Stayed on the phone with me and drove us right in. We loved this place so much we will be booking another trip for my birthday in August. I can't say enough about the welcoming, caring, thoughtfulness of Jamie and how surprised we were that everything was perfect. All of the horses were absolutely beautiful, well cared for and saddles, and all equipment in very good condition. When we returned our horses were tended to while we prepared to leave. You could tell how much they cared about them and their business.. Thank you for such a great relaxing, fun time. When we come up in August Jamie and the wife need to come to dinner with us. You made us feel like family.

4  Thank DHGG
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I had high expectations after all the reviews I had read and I was sadly disappointed. I'm an experienced rider and the ride was very dull because we had a 5 year old with us who had never been on a horse before. The trail guides put him on the fiestiest horse and he was scared out of his wits. He had no idea how to control the horse and they didn't help him. We kept having to stop and put a lead rope on his horse. And during the ride my dad was trying to pass a horse on a wider part of the trail and that same horse kicked him in the leg. As an after though the trail guide said "Oh yeah, that horse kicks, I guess I should have said that before." Not only did the trail guide not warn us that one of the horses kicked, but he was yammering on his cell phone the entire time. He told us nothing about the trails or where we were riding, but we got to hear over and over "Yeah, we sponsered a polo match" If you are an experienced rider find somewhere else.

7  Thank Cassie R

We try to accomodate everyone's wishes. You told us that you were a beginner rider, so we put you in a group of other beginners. As a fifteen year old, perhaps we did not understand that you were not happy at the time of the ride. We would love the chance to take you riding again and offer you a more challenging ride. We do offer rides to all levels of riders, but we need to know your desires when you book your ride. . Please call us and let us make you a happy customer!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I would agree that the horses are very well cared for and excellently trained, the owners and guides were great, and the area you ride in is a real treat. But it's important to keep in mind that your trail ride will be executed at the level of the least experienced (or indeed non-experienced) member of the group. So no matter how many years you've been riding, and no matter how much potential you can recognize in the really nice mount you're given, you may well, as I did, spend 2 hrs on probably the slowest walk on a horse you've ever been on. Don't get me wrong--it was very enjoyable, as it's a lovely location (and you have plenty of time to appreciate it). But if you want to actually ride, I'd advise you to book with a group of friends of the same skill level and ask if just your group can go out. I'd love to go again, but only on that basis. From the opposite point of view, if you've never ridden before, I'd highly recommend this outfit.

13  Thank LPEdwards