“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Salt Springs, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We have been here before,you will not leave hungry. Food is great and the service is very good. Worth a stop if in Ocala

Ocala, Florida
“Nothing good here”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My friend and I stopped in mid-afternoon, thinking we could get a quick lunch. Both of us had been here before and neither had good service nor great food. But you always give a place another chance, right? In this case we should have passed! Upon entering, the hostess was on her cell phone and told us to sit anywhere. There were only three people in the place and they were at the bar, so that's where we went. The bartenderess let us sit there for 5 minutes while she talked to a guest a few seats down. When she did show up, no smile, no welcome to, no hi my name is, just what do you want to drink? When we gave her the order, she just turned around, went back to the end of the bar, made the drinks and simply place them in front of us without a word. We had to call her back to order lunch. We had heard that the wings were good so we order two types of grilled wings. Again, she took the order, never asked if we wanted anything else, nor suggested anything else, never said thank you and turned away to put in the order. My friend had to get her atttention to order another drink. She never offered to refill my soft drink. The wings were ok but we had to ask for napkins, then ask for silverware. Never did get the silverware.
I've ate at another Tilted Kilt in Tampa, Fl. There is no comparison between the two restaurants. The Ocala restaurant needs concerned management/owners that do a much better job of training their staff. I will not return to this restaurant again.

Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Food Below Par”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I suppose in a pub you shouldn't expect food prepared to order, so I blame myself for expecting more than frozen preparations merely heated up. Even so, the onion straws (or whatever they were) accompanying the meatloaf sandwich were stone cold. The sandwich itself tasted good but arrived lukewarm. An appetizer of chicken quesadillas was almost inedible, with small cubes of rubbery chicken amid a mass of peppers that totally robbed any chance of good flavor; it had to be picked apart and the remains smothered in sour cream to save the day. Save for one, the waitresses were young country girls showing a lot of skin, which is the Tilted Kilt branding a la Winghouse & Hooters -- unfortunately in here, excess tummies and beefy thighs trumped the cleavage. I'd skip eating here unless other local eateries are closed.

North Central Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My son and I decided to try the restaurant after hearing about it on a TV show. We walked in at about 11:30 AM to find it was far from busy. The waitress who "greeted" us with "you can sit over there" then began to chat with another waitress. We had to ask for menus and after sitting for a while longer and discussing leaving the waitresses finally decided to ask us what we wanted. We ordered fish and chips which was good. Our tea glasses were never refilled, we were never approached about the quality of our meal or desire for anything else. I am an older man, bald fat and partially blind. My son is in his mid-thirties. We did not order beer so I guess they decided we were poor tippers and ignored us. This became a self-fulfilling prophecy as I tipped 10%, far below my usual range of 25% or more that I usually follow. I won't go back.

• Visited May 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Disappointing Food”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I shared a pastrami sandwich with garlic fries. The sandwich was ok, he liked it more than I did. The garlic fires were not worth the butter and garlic on them. They were soggy and not very flavorful, for all the goop on them. The service wasn't bad, but we were at the bar and only 2 other people were there when we arrived, although the bartender was perplexed when I ordered a white wine spritzer. The waitresses outfits are a bit skimpy, in case you are thinking of bringing the kids. I wouldn't bother going back.

• Visited June 2013