“Good food, sports bar atmosphere”

The Mojo Grill & Catering Company
Ranked #13 of 503 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Recently opened at this location, the Mojo Grill has been in Ocala for several years and with good reason. The food is good! Salads, sandwiches, burgers, vegan, low cal, gluten fee, can all be found here. Wings are excellent. Value is very good. Service is fine. As a senior, my only negative comment would be the noise, but this is to be expected for the type of restaurant.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Mojo's has the best Cuban Sandwich in Ocala. The nacho appetizer could easily feed two people as a meal. I've never had the burger there (always order the Cuban), but my dining companions that have ordered the burger have raved about them. Yes, the new place is large and doesn't have the ambiance of the original on Pine Avenue, but, it's not as if one goes to Mojo's for a romantic dinner. As an aside, the trivia on Thursday is a lot of fun.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My favorite is the buffalo chicken wrap and we love the spinach dip. Only downfall is sometimes when we call to order for pick up we have to repeat ourselves because its so loud there the person cant hear our order.

1  Thank wifeyinluv
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Gave it a chance two or three times. This place is seriously overrated. There last inspection they had 20 violations, 8 of them critical. Food was sub-par, and kept my family of five in the bathroom for 3 days. The pork was extremely dry.
Since they have moved into a bigger building they have became quite "corporate" I guess you could say. And my kids heard words in that place that they would never hear at home. I would not go back.

1  Thank DaddyGoob
Rondo F, Owner at The Mojo Grill & Catering Company, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

I'm sorry you feel that we are overrated. We are a community involved restaurant that really strives to make our guest happy. We love all types of feedback even negative. If you could email us your experience I'd like to try and make it right and improve in the weak areas.(themojogrills@aol.com) Each and every guest are very important to us if that wasn't what you felt I'm sorry I hope I can make it up to you. We try to make you feel at home even if you are just visiting. I hope you keep us in mind for a future visit and look forward to hearing from you.

Rondo
themojogrills@aol.com

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food too spicy for my taste. Very large place, barn feel. Great parking. Not any ambience. Waited longer than usual for service and food.

I'm sorry to hear your experience was less than spectacular. We are working on the sound issues and definitely not one of your quiet intimate restaurants as you may have noticed. I encourage you to email us your experience and we'll do our best to make the right adjustments. I hope you give us another try in the future and let us make it a great one!

Rondo