“Could be good place to eat, needs attention to detail.”

The Mojo Grill & Catering Company
Ranked #6 of 477 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Villages, Florida
“Could be good place to eat, needs attention to detail.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stopped in for lunch today, busy rainy Saturday afternoon. First time here , parking lot full of cars, must be good !? Sat at bar, waitress was ok, not overly attentive, but got our drinks and food order , and then we waited. Could see the kitchen from our seats, open kitchen in view to all . You are talking bar food , burgers, chicken wings etc. watching kitchen , grill flaming , very busy, so you can understand my disappointment when all food arrived cold. Burger cooked medium as requested, but not even warm. For as busy as they were, it is hard to believe , any order could sit and get cold, the chef, wait staff, someone should have paid attention to and order just sitting there. Sorry, but will not return anytime soon.

1 Thank Villagesre
Rondo F, Owner at The Mojo Grill & Catering Company, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
villagesre,

I'm sorry to hear of your not so good experience. I assure you that is not our normal and we'd love to make it up to you. My email address is themojogrills@aol.com I'd love to hear about your experience in more detail. We really strive to have the best staff around and you're right the food should NEVER be cold especially if we were busy like you said. Someone dropped the ball and for that i apologize i hope you let us make it up to you because its people/guest like you that keep us going and for that I am truly grateful.

Rondo F.

Morriston, Florida, United States
“Great Food, not a chain on SR200”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Mojos has a great menu! An upbeat atmosphere.Something for everyone. It seems that their philosophy is "fresh". Cause I can taste it. I'm a picky local and I haven't had a bad meal there yet. The lettace wraps are FABULOUS. Be it fish or the pork. Fish tacos are like what you get beachside in CA. Is a little loud but it is what it is. Don't go there if you want a candlit white glove service.Not what this place is about. The owner knows good food and I hear is a tremendous philanthrapist for helping people in the community.

Ocala, Florida
“Will not eat here again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I will never eat here again! The noise level is so loud you can't hear yourself think. We ordered the fried pickles, the grease was dripping off of them, not good at all. Everyone at the table ordered a burger, they were tasteless, and very dry. The waitress was ok but nothing to write home about. The worse part was on my way back from the bathroom part of the floor was really greasy, they had just mopped it (or so the man who works there said, but he didn't put a wet floor sign up) I rounded the corner and both of my feet slide out from underneath me!! I landed hard on the floor, my wrists broke my fall. No one really seemed to care, one employee walked over and asked if I was ok, but his actions didn't show that he did. I wont ever eat here again!

2 Thank C_Marie_E
Ocala, Florida
“BIG Portions with VARIED Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

It was a splendid surprise to find the new Mojo Grill taking over this property. I've always liked the convenient location, no matter what restaurant was occupying the premises, and Mojo Grill is the best one to come along in many years. The food for lunch was excellent with tasty large portions, many choices, and prompt service. There are lots of TV's on the walls; all but one are a little small for viewing live sports. My only real complaint is the ambient noise. Although the new restaurant is a fresh remodel of the old ones, nothing was done to curtail the poor acoustics. When we went there were lots of folks enjoying themselves, and it was Loud.

• Visited October 2013
“Sinfully great dessert and great cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

How can anyone resist a cocktail called Walk Me Down Sweet Jesus? I didn't. It's hard to remember what was in it but it tasted good. The wife's Purple Haze was nice too but, at some point you need to eat solid food. Be warned that this is a noisy restaurant so it is not for those looking for a quiet dinner and a tete a tete. We like trying as many things as we can at a restaurant so we ordered a cup of Mojo's famous chili, a cup gumbo and a Crazy Cuban (it's version of a pulled pork sandwich) so that we would have room for dessert. The chilli and gumbo were very good. No complaints about the taste or quantity. The pulled pork sandwich was all right but not especially different from others that I have had. But the Cubana's Foster dessert was really special. Sweet plantains sauteed in a caramel sauce served over ice cream, this was a sinfully good dessert. We both love plantains and combined with caramel sauce and ice cream, it was seriously rich and tasty. I don't have an overly sweet tooth but this one hit the spot. Luckily, we shared this as I would have never been able to finish one on my own. There are a couple of other items on the menu that I want to try so I'll be back.

• Visited October 2013