“best prime rib”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have eaten at Horse and Hounds at least 6 times in the past year. On last Monday, we ate at the bar and had the best prime rib dinner. The people and staff at the bar were just great.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Really bad, terrible service. We left after one drink even though we'd had planned to eat dinner there. Employees the slowest I've ever seen, we had to wait over 20 minutes for someone to take our drink order, then another 10 to be served, ridiculous! Outside looks nice, we thought would have nice atmosphere inside, but we were wrong, just a bar, and not even a good one.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went to eat here on a Sunday after church to celebrate my friends birthday. There were twelve people in our party. First let me start with the good. The atmosphere is very nice. The Olde English style architecture and decor was casual and comfortable. The restaurant has a large open dining area with the bar located in the center of the room. The big screen TVs above the bar can be seen from any table in the room. Now for the not so good. The service was absurdly slow. We arrived at 1245 pm and did not leave until 3 pm. Yes, it took more than 2 hours to get our food and finish our meal and the restaurant was not even busy! Then to top it off half of the people in our party were served their entrees 15 to 20 minutes before the other half of our party. By the time the last entree arrived at the table, that person just requested a to go box because everyone else had finished their meal. The server appologized for the delay saying that the kitchen was backed up. Backed Up?!? We were one of only four tables in the restaurant! I would hate to see what happens if this place ever gets five or six tables at a time. I do not fault our server for the poor service. She was delightful and attentive. I believe the kitchen is poorly managed which leads me to the next topic, the food. The food, for the most part, was just okay. The appetizers were actually better than the entrees. I ordered the cheese dip appetizer which was very good. The portion was small, but the dip was really good. It came with three half pretzels to dip in the cheese dip which also were very good. Others at the table had the baked brie appetizer plate which was also very good. For the entree I ordered the rosemary pork medallions. It was okay. The presentation was boring and unappetizing. It was supposed to be served with cabbage and a side, but I never did get the cabbage with my meal. The side I did get were mashed peas, which were nothing special. My wife orderd the fish and chips which was very disappointing. The chips were run of the mill steak fries. The fish portion was very small and not what you would consider traditional batter dipped fish that is normally served with fish and chips. This was more like a fried fish dinner you would get at Denny's only twice as expensive. My daughter ordered the bangers and mash which was probably the best of the entrees we ordered. If it were not for the wonderful company of good friends to pass the time, this would have been an absolutely horrible dining experience. I can honestly say I will not be dining here again and that is a shame. I think this restuarant could be great if it were managed better.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had to wait a while to be seated as the restaurant was a little understaffed on this visit. Once seated we had an excellent experience with very good food and service. Food was excellently prepared and presented. Waitress was prompt and had a great attitude. We will return.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am a father of a downs syndrome child. I am also retired Army. I have to be careful where I take my daughter because sometimes she can be a hand full. I was at Lowes and she was hungry so I stopped at Horse and Hounds because it was in the parking lot. I almost didn't go in because my daughter was getting cranky but I thought if I fed her she would relax. The place was packed. We walked in and the manager came up to my daughter and wiped her tears off her cheek and picked her up and carried her to our corner table. She quickly calmed down as the manager carried her to the table as she played with the sparkles on her necklace. I don't remember her name, but she told us our server would be right over and she left the table. Within 5 minutes she came back with a bag of crackers and crayons to color with. I have never seen a person in a restaurant care that much about customers. The food was brought to us pretty fast and it was tasty and hot. Our server was very kind and for a busy place, they sure made my daily struggle much easier for that meal. If I am in town again, I will find that manager and give her a big hug. My daughter slept all the way home.