“Delighted with the continued high Standards”
Review of Cuvee Wine & Bistro - CLOSED

Cuvee Wine & Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 27th Ave
Description: At Cuvee Wine & Bistro in Ocala, FL your experience will always be elegant and refined. Treat yourself and your loved ones to Cuvee for any occasion.
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Delighted with the continued high Standards”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Took friends here as this is the place in Ocala when you wish to impress! Our waiter was - as usual - funny, courteous, and delightfully glib, taking our drink order and delivering it quickly, and efficiently. He laid out each entree' special fully, and guided our friends around the various 250 wine selections, while masterfully explaining details of each. Wonderful!
Dinner was superb, started with the SPICY CALAMARI, and "Special Fish bites" Both very good. Then a soup course: LOBSTER MISO SOU and a puree' Zucchini - YUM. Our main's were the Half roasted duck with sweet potato lasagne & grilled zucchini, Pescatre: Seared jumbo shrimp, Maine lobster, scallops, mushrooms, tomato & a touch of brandy,with risotto. (My mouth is watering again.) The wife had a Bone-in Pork Chop,14 oz. topped with an au poivre sauce, with grilled asparagus & smashed sweet potatoes. Who had any room for dessert? Not us!

East Setauket, New York
“Outstanding in Ocala”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Last night my wife and I had dinner here. We have traveled the world and this was simply one of the best meals and restaurants experiences ever! Of course, we are wine lovers and that is at the heart of this restaurant experience. Hundreds of wines from the U.S. and abroad are available to taste in amounts you can select at automated pouring stations. If you need help the outstanding staff will pitch in. Our amazing server brought us two complimentary wines to taste. And, if you find a wine you like, and you will, you can purchase a bottle at a discount. OK, but what about the food and the service. All were "off the charts." My wife and I decided to sample from the extensive appetizer, tapas-like selection. The bison meatballs were tender and juicy in a subtle, but savory sauce; the special of flat bread with lamb and a cherry cabernet reduction was equally tasty, but a tad too sweet for my wife; the crab cakes were perfection with no fillers as were the mussels. To satisfy our veggie needs we ordered asparagus and spinach--again, perfection. Of course, we had to skip the entrees and share a dessert. Only the "du jour" was left--a pumpkin cheesecake "to die for." It is rare to find a restaurant of this quality even in our home city of New York. This was perfection--great food; outstanding wines; fantastic service all in a beaautiful quiet, restful atmosphere.

Gainesville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“21st Birthday dinner”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This restaurant was AMAZING. I went for my 21st birthday with my mom and we had such a fun time picking out all the wines to try. There are over 120 available to try in 1, 3, and 5 ounce portions. All the food was excellent too. We started with the cheese sampler and it was huge. We also tried the bison meatballs which had the best texture and full of flavor. For dinner we had the eggplant parmesan and roast duck. There was not a bite of anything I did not enjoy. It seemed there were tons of people celebrating their birthdays that night at Cuvee also. They put a sparkler candle into a chocolate souffle for me. The atmosphere is very eclectic. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting in Ocala

1 Thank Taylor2015
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Thanks Cuvee!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My fiancé and I had another wonderful evening at Cuvee! We decided to share some small plates and what fun we had! We started with a deconstructed oysters Rockefeller light and crispy and oh so good. We followed that with some perfectly cooked scallops atop a pork belly that was very flavorful. We finished with the mussels... again, flavorful and perfectly prepared. Oh my. Of course we had some lovely wine to accompany our meal and Jesse, our server, was awesome as always.

Thank you Cuvee for another wonderful experience. We look forward to the next one!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“New menu! Hurray!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My fiancé and I were delighted to see the menu is once again inventive and allows Chef to be creative. We chose to do a series of small plates and shared the crispy oysters, mussels, manchego cheese and the scallops. The oysters were indeed crisp and quite tasty, the mussels were the best we have had in a long time and we eat a lot of mussels! The manchego was fried with a nice crisp coating and a tasty tomato pesto on the side. The scallops were scrumptious. All the food was perfectly cooked.

As always, the service was wonderful! Dana took great care of us as all the servers at this restaurant do and of course the wine selection is broad. We started with a glass of champagne with the oysters and then had a lovely French burgundy. We plan to return again soon!

• Visited October 2013