“Continues to maintain a high culinary standard.”
Review of Cuvee Wine & Bistro - CLOSED

Cuvee Wine & Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 27th Ave
Description: At Cuvee Wine & Bistro in Ocala, FL your experience will always be elegant and refined. Treat yourself and your loved ones to Cuvee for any occasion.
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Continues to maintain a high culinary standard.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We love this Bistro! First off the staff, lead by Manager John has always been right up to snuff! Waiter Jay first and foremost with his wine knowledge, service, and attentiveness to details. He makes to dinning experience worth the prices. His recommendation for wine this night was "spot-on." As it was a special night - our friends 57th Wedding anniversary - they were provided with complimentary desserts, complete with fireworks! The lobster Bisque tremendous. The "soup De Jour" was a cold, pineapple with coconut milk - different, but delicious. Fillet Mignon were perfect, my wife's salmon very good, my Risotto pescatore was excellent.

The table next to us had a lobster dish - while he had Steak Diane.

Was disappointed in the bathrooms cleanliness, trash baskets full, floor needed a mopping.

• Visited July 2013

“Great date night experience:)”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Date night only comes along so often. Use your precious time wisely. Cuvée is my suggestion... Beautiful wine served by knowledgeable staff in a seductive atmosphere. If your going to pay the baby sitter get your money's worth!

• Visited July 2013
Florida
“New Menu = Bad Decision”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that I love this restaurant and I want to see it succeed. Hence my four star rating. Cuvee has enjoyed the kind of reputation in Ocala that made it the place to go for special occasions, when you have guests from out of town, or any other night when you want something reliably delicious and different from what the other restaurants are offering. The service is exceptional - always - and the management is gracious and accommodating. The frequent, pleasant but unobtrusive presence of the owners lends a nice small-town restaurant feel. The wine selection is spectacular, but the bartender can mix a mean drink if wine isn't your thing. The restaurant is beautiful, the ambiance is cozy, the lighting is friendly.

So I really can't understand why Cuvee wants to change up a good thing. New items on the menu? Great. It needed a little freshening. (Although, the dessert menu was badly neglected. Please, please come up with some new desserts.) But new, ridiculously priced a la carte steak/meat menu? BAD idea. Honestly, I'm offended by the notion that I should have to pay $5 for a single portion of mashed potatoes with my steak and then another $5 for a single portion of asparagus. And $50 for a steak?? Want a surefire way to drive away customers? Keep over-charging this heinously. If Cuvee is really given to the traditional steak house a la carte menu, they at least need to step up the sides (lobster mac and cheese? creamed spinach? sweet potato souffle?) and the portion better be big enough for a table of four. Otherwise, they should go back to the way it was.

But really, Cuvee, I don't think you want to become another steak house. Yes, your steaks are good. But I have never had one of your seafood specials that was less than amazing. Your chef does great work with fish - let him!! Why not distinguish yourself by commanding a non-existent marketplace in Ocala? Unlike steaks, which can be enjoyed at numerous restaurants, great, innovative seafood could be your thing.

I'm pulling for you, Cuvee, I really am. Turn the menu around before you lose customers. The buzz on it isn't good. Highlight some seafood, find a new dessert (or two) and give us a salad option that could be a meal. Oh, and maybe bring the old crab cakes back. They were my favorite.

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank Elily
The Villages, Florida
“Expensive, no real choices”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Decided on this place for a special night out based on the reviews. Pretty disappointing. Ordered the shrimp appetizer which was okay but it only one shrimp. The lobster bisque was okay, the cesar salad was not very garlicky.

I had a steak. It was good but not worth $50, especially without any sides. My wife isn't much of a red meat eater, but there weren't many other options available. She had the chicken. It was half a chicken, just baked, we could have done it just as well at home but at least it came with sides.

The chocolate cake was very delicious.

The waiter was nice and knew the menu. We enjoyed all the wines available on the wall.

All in all the place is very nice, but too expensive and not enough variety to choose from. I think for the next special night out we will just go to Mark's Steak, which has more non-steak items on the menu.

• Visited June 2013
6 Thank George R
Sandy Hook, New Jersey
“Awesome place!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just an amazing experience. As a solo traveler I don't really eat out very often because in many places they don't seem to take good care of me but this was above and beyond my expectations. I wish they had places like this where I live.

Visited June 2013