“typical chain restaurant”

Ranked #140 of 489 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A very popular place, New Orleans decor, 3 good sized dining areas plus bar area. food great, can take groups, have been many times.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was a typical chain restaurant. My mom went to one of their locations in CA. We were unexpectedly in Ocala & wanted dinner. I pulled-up food on our Garmin & Mimis was within a mile. My mom was very excited to learn there was a Mimis in Ocala. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I found my fish was overcooked. The staff was great! The service was attentive.

There are newer reviews for Mimi's Cafe

Reviewed December 17, 2012

If you have been to Mimi's you have been to this one. Always crowded though. Convenient location near nice shopping area.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My first time to Mimi's and I was pleasantly surprised! I was traveling and it was the recommendation of the desk clerk. The hostess was very pleasant, found me a good table, and took my drink order. The atmosphere was nice - I liked checking out the wall decorations! The server was extremely busy, so I had to wait a little, but that was fine. I had the Mediterranian Pasta. I asked that it be light on the sauce and it was served perfectly. A manager brought me my bill - along with 2 delicious muffins for being a first-time customer!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Four of us went for breakfast and probably won't go back again. It always scares me when a wait person takes our order without writing it down; 3 of our orders were correct but the 4th was not. By the time it arrived, the rest of us were almost done with our meals. Then when this person's french toast finally arrived, there was no syrup. We had to ask a woman sweeping the floors to go get our waitress. We were never asked if we wanted more coffee; again, we had to search someone out for a second cup.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Atmosphere & waiters far more sophisticated than expected. The food was generous in proportions and tasted like it was made by "Mom". We heard it was great for breakfast but were there at noon time for lunch. We'll go back again!