“Better than Sonny's”

Fat Boys Barbeque
Ranked #103 of 492 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I like the ribs better here than at Sonny's. The service was pretty good, but the place isnt all that clean. Too many flies was really annoying.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've eaten at Fat Boy's dozens of times and always pig out by getting the all you can eat ribs...used to be $9.99 now is $12.99. The ribs beat the heck out of Sonny's to be sure! The ribs come with fries, baked beans and texas toast. Only negative is when you want more ribs, you'll wait a bit....they are under-staffed every time I go there. BTW....I go at 11:30am....then don't eat the rest of the day....don't need to!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am very picky about my BBQ...This is way above Sonny's or any other chain. This has some real flavor even before you put any sauce. Love the ribs.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had the pork plate. The pork was dry and tough. It was sliced in tiny bits. I wasn't able to eat it all because it was so tough, it was sort of like jerky. The Cole slaw was very good as were the fries and bread. I didn't care much for the beans

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had fries-which were frozen, beef brisket-was good, baked beans-spicy, and coleslaw. The service was good but they seemed understaffed. Borderline slow but she was trying. We went to Sonny's next door the week before and we would go back to Sonny's. price was good.