“The Best Italian food in Central Florida”
Review of Carmine's Cafe

Carmine's Cafe
Ranked #64 of 498 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone: 352-854-1000 This is the best kept secret in Ocala!!
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was our second time at Carmine's Cafe in Ocala. Very unique dishes. Wonderful garlic bread and dipping oil!!! Huge glasses of wine!!
But the food....OMGosh! I ordered the Eggplant Parm - a gigantic portion and the best tasting I have ever had (and I live in a town up north noted for its Little Italy) I had a side of linguine with oil and garlic; it was perfect, loaded with garlic. I had enough in my take home box to last for 2-3 meals. My husband says that the Grouper Francais was "one of the best fish dishes he ever had". He also could only consume half his portion that night. He also loved the salad dressing!
The server grates the cheese right over your dishes, and I love lots of parm cheese and he obliged.
Tremendous value, very reasonable prices.
I also love the atmosphere - casual, with beautiful burgundy napkins, and white plates. Also beautiful Italian music for a romantic, yet nostalgic environment. The owner and staff are from Italy. The service is friendly and welcoming. We feel fortunate to have found this wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank AttitudeofGratitude

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our first time visiting this restaurant, highly recommended by our food savvy friends, absolutely surpassed their glowing reviews. My generously portioned veal piccata was melt in the mouth fork tender with all the diverse flavors delicately harmonizing with each other. My partner ordered the Grouper Francais, enjoying it so much, he reluctantly shared with me. It was superb! Overlook this fine cafe's modest location. CARMINE'S CAFE is a true treasure.

1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We can't wait to go back!! This was our first visit and what a fantastic meal!!!! Chicken Marsala was wonderful and loaded with mushrooms and great flavor. Hubby had Chicken Florentina that he thought was the best! Of course the salad w/house dressing was perfect! Not too much dressing and fresh! The garlic/oil combo with the thick, home made bread was fantastic!!! I could have the bread and wine for dinner alone! Well, not really...have to have the chicken Marsala. We WILL be back!!!! Delicious!!!

1  Thank Robbie P
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The aroma, intense flavor and the overflowing of wine! The owners are passionate about the food and you feel so welcomed. The red wine is so robust, full of berries down to the last drop. Great place for couples to share a plate. Atmosphere is very appealing, the dishes are consistent and so pleasing to the palate. Fresh bread and garlic herbs and olive oil dip, excellennt. No worries or regret you will be satisfied.

1  Thank locarnet R
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Again, everything was wonderful. The BIG glass of wine, the garlic/oil dip for their fresh bread, the artichoke appetizer, the stuffed shells and the island salad with grilled shrimp were all wonderful. The atmosphere is fine, the service is too. Glad we went back and we will do so again on our next visit to Ocala.