“Best Italian food in Ocala”
Review of Carmine's Cafe

Carmine's Cafe
Ranked #43 of 482 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone: 352-854-1000 This is the best kept secret in Ocala!!
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Best Italian food in Ocala”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This has been our second visit to Carmine's in Ocala. The food, service and ambiance are spectacular- rivaling restaurants we have dined at in New York. The veal parmigian and veal parmigian are extremely flavorful and tender. The veal is as soft as butter. The baked ziti is terrific as well. The salad and dressing are first rate. They serve a wonderful fresh bread with garli and olive oil. This is a real gem in an unassuming store front restaurant. Highly recommended!!!
The portions are quite generous and the service is efficient and friendly.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Larry B

Apopka, Florida
“Flavorful meals”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The sauce the chef uses is unique, tasty and wonderful. The garlic and oil dip for their homemade bread served with meals is delicious. The soup is wonderful. The prices are reasonable. The interior is spotless. What more can you ask for ina restaurant?

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank IAMAPI
ocala, florida
“best italain food in ocala”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This tiny restaurant is a "hidden gem". It is the best Italian food in Ocala without a doubt.
Wonderful ambiance and superb food. Such a refreshing change from the other Italian restauarants in the area. Everything about this restaurant is superb. It is such a pleasant
and uplifting change from all the other family run restaurants in Ocala. Ocala needs more of
this type of restaurant. We have all the chains, which are what they are, but we have found themto be better than the non-chain restaurants, except for Carmine's.

The owners do a fantastic job.

• Visited August 2012
Ocala, Florida
“Great Italian in Ocala, FL”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

In a recent business meeting an associate mentioned a new Italian restaurant in town that was very good. As a self proclaimed "foodie" I was intrigued and decided to visit with my wife. As we entered the small restaurant on the SW side of town we really liked the ambience and coziness. On my way to Carmine's I mentioned to my wife that I would really like veal parmagiana, but when we arrived it was not on the menu. When we were ready to place our order, the owner explained that he was not able to make the other veal dish I selected, but if I liked he would make me a veal parmagiana. It was fork tender and their marinara was exceptional. Ther service was top drawer and their wine selection was great. Gret Italian in Ocala, who knew!

• Visited June 2012
ocala
“Carmine's Cafe”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Its the best Italian food I've had. The portion sizes are great, the presentation is very eye appealing and the salad is fresh, no iceberg here and the balsamic dressing tasty. I had the veal piccata and it was great, cooked to perfection, as was the sauce. Everything is made to order, no frozen foods here. Everyone at our table was so pleased with their meal also. As a matter of fact, an Italian friend was still talking about how good the food was the next day.

• Visited April 2012