“STUFFED”

Cody's Original Roadhouse
Ranked #31 of 483 Restaurants in Ocala
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
“STUFFED”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We ate and drank so much. I loved the atmosphere, the food and the Long Island Iced Teas. The only low was the calamari fries; I prefer the Greek style rings.
We loved the coconut shrimp, beef fajitas and the pulled pork platter. Thursdays has some good specials; plus the Happy Hours were good too. I will be back!

“Roadhouse "Theme" hides filth.....”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Price per dollar, this place is sub-par at best.
Someone should teach the wait servers to wash their hands after they pick up a knife up off the floor then go get my meal and lop their thumb over the edge.
Lesson learned... never again.

• Visited June 2014
Ocala, Florida
“Salad and bread are great”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

On my most recent visit yesterday I ordered the brisket which was chewy and fatty and had a sauce I didn’t like. I should have gone with the soup and salad, because the star attraction at any Cody’s is the bottomless salad bowl and yeast rolls that come with many meals. They are both outstanding.

We were also at this restaurant on July 4, which has become an annual outing for us and a group of neighbors. For $14, you get half a slab of ribs, half a BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, a potato of your choice, and the salad and bread. Eat the ribs, take home the chicken (that’s a whole chicken between my wife and me), and that’s dinner the next night and chicken salad the night after. Not the best ribs or chicken you ever had, but a good deal.

The waitress was so bad that it was almost entertaining. It began with her bringing out the bread but no plates and went downhill from there. The first time she called me “sweetie” I established a new policy of deducting $1 from the tip for each such violation. Three “sweeties” and one “honey” reduced a $7 tip to $3. But she barely deserved even that.

The bad service concluded with a scenario good enough to be a TV sit-com. She brought take-home boxes for everyone at our table and handed one to everyone but me. She stood by me, holding the box in her hand, when something distracted her at another table and off she ran, with my box. Everyone at the table laughed.

When she came back 5 minutes later with the checks, she was oblivious to what she had done so I told her I needed a box. She returned with one to fit a hamburger. I pointed to the half-chicken on my plate. “Oh, I didn’t see the chicken!” she said, “only the corn.” And I asked, “Will an ear of corn fit in this box?”

But we keep going back. Burgers are OK. Order simple stuff and take it home, and enjoy the unlimited salad and bread as your meal. Also, this is a place where you eat peanuts and toss the shells on the floor. Kids love that.

Visited July 2014
Ocala Florida
“Love the salad”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have eaten here a few times in the past year and it is always good.

We went for their 20th Anniversary about 4:00 and it was a ZOO. We had our name in but settled in at the bar to eat and had a great time. We ordered the sirloin and a filet and we both enjoyed it immensely. My husband loves their salad offered in a large family style bowl. Best part they gave you voucher for the cost of your meals. We will go back again and use them, for sure. The manager was very patient with the people who were very impatient. You knew it was free food when you came in and the lines were LONG. Chill out!!!!

While we were sitting in the bar area. A man( beer rep maybe) came in and set up the entire bar with Bud beer. Was a nice surprise.

It was a long night but we had fun and good food.

• Visited June 2014
Inverness, Florida
“Nice prime rib”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife had a quesadilla and I had a prime rib. They were both very good. My prime rib was a wee bit tough but very tasty. Jeanne quesadillas was excellent. We will return again

Visited July 2014