“used to love this place until the food poison”

Cody's Original Roadhouse
Ranked #34 of 482 Restaurants in Ocala
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Ocala, Florida
“used to love this place until the food poison”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Went to this place yesterday and got a special that wasnt on the menu with steak and scallops. Never get the special it must be items going out of date because the scallops made me deathly sick all night . Food and service here is normally good and enjoyed the food but the aftermath wasnt as pretty.. paid for a meal that ended up down the drain....

• Visited June 2014
CodysAmerican, Owner at Cody's Original Roadhouse, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hi Jason,

We are sorry to hear that you are feeling ill. Thank you for taking the time to write your review despite not feeling well. I assure you that Cody's always prepares and serves our food in a clean, food-safe environment and would never prepare something past it's expiration date. We also strive to impress every guest with our food and service, but it is obvious we missed the mark here. We want you to know we take your opinion very seriously and will be sure to bring this to the attention of our staff.

Best,

Scott

Silver Springs, Florida
“Wanted something light”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I have been watching our weight but felt we needed a reward after several weeks. Decided that Cody's soup & salad would fit the bill. Service was good, and as always, the endless salad was fresh and crisp. The vegetable soup was excellent. All for a very reasonable price.

Visited May 2014
CodysAmerican, Manager at Cody's Original Roadhouse, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your meal so much and that we were able to make your "reward" meal so satisfying ! Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with us. We hope to see you and your wife again soon!
Harvard, Massachusetts
“Ocala”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Of the Cody Restaurants we visit, Crystal River is our favorite. Ocala is a disappointment in our book. We stopped after riding around Lake Weir and the forest there. We had soup and were given potatoes with a little juice. Not good at all.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us feedback about your experience. I am very sorry to hear that your experience at our Ocala location did not meet your expectations and do apologize that your food was subpar. This is not the standard we set here at Cody's and I do hope you will considering giving us another chance in the future to show you just how great our food and service can be. Thank you again for the feedback.
“Really good evening”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went for dinner very much due to TP reviews for Ocala restaurants. Sat at bar and ordered beer and a wine. When I finished my beer bartender brought me a second beer when I asked why he said its happy hour every day to 7pm and he would bring my wife a second wine when she was ready. We felt,given his hospitality, it would be rude to point out we didn't arrive until 7.20 and it was now 7.45 way after happy hour!!!!
The dinner was excellent and we enjoyed the peanuts and glad I wasn't having to sweep up after. I had beef brisket which was fabulous. My wife had fist which we she enjoyed. Our server was john who was great and very friendly.
Highly recommended for a fun night out great atmosphere

• Visited May 2014
Wow, thank you so much for the high praises! I am so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience, from the bar, to food, to service. I will definitely pass your compliments along to John. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Ocala, Florida
“Not this time”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ate her many times with no complaints . Love the House salad dressing , main reason we choose this Steak house. On our last visit ordered an 8 ounce sirloin. Was disappointed. It was uneven. One end of the steak was twice as thick as the other. It was so tough & chewy. As a rule any steak I ordered here was cooked properly. In my opinion , with the variation of thickness in this piece of meat ( I don't call it steak) I don't know how they could have cooked it medium thru out.
This is the first time I didn't enjoy the steak in our many visits.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We apologize that your meal did not live up to your past experiences at Cody's. If you ever feel that your food is inadequate, we encourage that you bring this up with your server and we will happily replace anything that is served subpar. We do hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.