“friendliness”

Cody's Original Roadhouse
Ranked #43 of 503 Restaurants in Ocala
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Reviewed January 10, 2013

i tok myneice to cody's recently and every one we meet was super friendly as well as helpfull in picking foods to try. it was a very memorable time i cant wait togo there again.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went here with family for dinner while visiting the area. Service was fast and courteous, they had happy hour two-for-one beers which we didn't know about until we ordered, so that was a nice surprise. We ordered some appetizers including fried pickles which were pretty good. The majority of us ordered the BBQ ribs and they were very good, in almost every case you could gently pull the meat clean off the bone. Overall a better than expected experience, would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Just left Cody's, Ocala, Fl, feeling big let down. Was sat in nice private corner. Had serious phone call to make. Ordered their steak special, medium rare. Steve was my waiter, absolutely personable. i was on phone, when the manager came over, interrupted my phone conversation to ask if everything was OK. All I had was my salad and drink AND I was on phone. Why??? Then the steak came out, I was "told" not asked to cut my steak to make sure it was right. I couldn't cut it. It was that tough... Then, I was given a"complete" education on meat ratings and offered to upgrade to an Angus cut for $5 more. All I wanted was a tender piece. Unfortunately, this was a tough cow. So what? Cook another, no big deal. Nope. where was the manager now? She "NEVER" came to see me. I just left. I'm 60 years old and know meat cuts. I will go back, no steak AND will ask for Steve.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Sadly it has gone down hill in terms of quality of the food. previous visits were always good but Outback is a better choice. probally won't be back anytime soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's quick and reasonable, "A Little Rough around the Edges" !!
Bar, ok for a quicky, Food, I rate it acceptable- if you like the fair. Selection, pretty numerous, but Mostly FRIED.