“what happened?”

Cody's Original Roadhouse
Ranked #46 of 498 Restaurants in Ocala
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Sadly it has gone down hill in terms of quality of the food. previous visits were always good but Outback is a better choice. probally won't be back anytime soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's quick and reasonable, "A Little Rough around the Edges" !!
Bar, ok for a quicky, Food, I rate it acceptable- if you like the fair. Selection, pretty numerous, but Mostly FRIED.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Had two great meals while I was in ocala. The server both days were very friendly and loved to talk to a noon local looker my self. The first day I left my credit card there and by the time I remembered the manager had already put out away locked on her office. I was so thankful the server found it and did the right thing! Great southern food! I recommend for anyone to try this place!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stopped at Cody's one night with no info about the place. We came back a few nights later. The food was very good, great atmosphere, good service. A very unique place. Wish we had one back home. I am very critical of restuarants because it is expensive to eat and food and service is most often fair to poor. However, this place is what I expect a restuarant to be.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This visit was horrid from start to finish. There was a long wait, and they didn't look busy. Host was rude when we requested a booth instead of a table. Service was awful. Server mixed our drinks and orders up, the orders were not made correctly, and the server got a bit snotty when we asked for the orders to be fixed. AND, the manager was NOT apologetic at all. He only comped the bill 10% for all of our problems, and that was ONLY because we DEMANDED action be taken. I'd never go back, nor would I recommend it.