“Good food, nice people working there”

Cody's Original Roadhouse
Ranked #43 of 503 Restaurants in Ocala
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We chose this place for dinner based on great reviews on Trip Advisor. We had a very good experience. Excellent service, friendly staff. Ordered mushrooms for appetizer that were WONDERFUL. Best I've had in a long time. Salad that comes with entrees was quite good. Nice happy hour (2 for 1 drinks). Recommend this place.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

It is not very often that you go to a restaurant and get really good service but I did. We stopped in at Cody's for dinner on a 2 for 1 fajita night! Service was great. the issue came when I got my fajita. I think on the 2 for 1 they also decided to cut the 4oz of chicken in half also. Anyways the mng when walking around asking how everything was going. I said it was great except I did not get a lot of chicken. He without saying a word walked away. I thought WOW how rude. Then came back within 3 minutes with another piece of chicken for me. Normally and yes I have seen when My husband in the past has said something about shrimp they have brought him a shrimp or "we will try to do better next time". This was not the case on this dinning experience! They get 3 stars from me! Thank for the great service! Good FOOD I love the salad and cinnamon butter for the bread.. YUMMY!

Reviewed December 25, 2011

The rotiserie chicken was our choice for a dinner meal while traveling through Ocala. Someone recommended it as we walked in the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised by all aspects. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

When you enter Cody's and see peanut shucks on the floor you know you are in for a laid back time with good food. The appetizers are a good start and can even fill you up as an entree. The menu is varied with sandwiches, salads, and entrees for every appetite. Staff is friendly and helpful. Their bloody marys are a veg in glass. Good happy hour.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

There are many steak houses in Ocala, but none has as good a steak for the price. Steaks are always served the way you want and the sides are excellent. The service is always with a smile and dishes are served promptly. I like their rib eye. It is large, tender and they do not over season it. We go to this restaurant frequently.