“Authentic italian, who doesn't love THAT????”

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 493 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great food AND service, what else needs to be said??? Haven't had a bad meal here, yet!! If you want a great authentic italian meal, this is the place to go!!

2  Thank TravellingDanTheMan

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have dined in there three times. Once time with one of my daughters and twice with my husband. All three times, the service could have been better. We always give a nice tip but we expect our drinks to be refilled as needed, the waiter/waitress to make sure our food came to the table as ordered and our bill to be given to us in a timely matter. I can only guess they were short-handed because the service was lacking. One time we heard an entire LOUD conversation by employees in the back that made it hard for us to converse.

Don't get me wrong, their food is good. We have had pizza and calzones on various occasions but we only order take-out now.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I remember reading a recommendation from "The Sly Guy" in the Ocala Star Banner, so we went to Sammy's with a group of 10 people. Naturally, with a group that size we tried various dinners from baked spaghetti, lasagna, chicken parmesan, eggplant parmesan...and of course soups, salad and bread. Everything was good and everyone was pleased with their meal. Our waitress was absolutely fantastic (sorry I don't remember her name) and kept everything straight and offered wonderful suggestions. It's hard to handle 10 people, but she did it! Her one downfall (grin) was that she couldn't talk any of us into dessert...we were too full! Maybe next time. Good time and good food.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Lunch today was excellent, I had the Chicken con Broccoli, over angel-hair pasta.my friend had the Chicken Marsala. A salad and bread bowl was served prior to the meal, which was served promptly and hot. We'll go back with the wives, very good meal.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great food. Great service. Eat here at least 3 times a week! Food is always well prepared and they will make anything you want.Owner and his wife will do anything to please you, Eat here. You won't be disappointed ! Real Family restaurant.