“Great food and wait staff just don't call”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #53 of 496 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Amazing meals and service. We do not have any Bonefish near me so it is always the first restaurant I want to hit when visiting the area. My in-dining experience was just as I remembered, great service and quality of seafood and overall meal is outstanding!
The only reason I'm giving this a 4 vs. 5 is because of the experience when I called. I called at 4:45 and asked if I could make a reservation for 4 people, they asked for a time and I replied 5:15 and the woman informed me that the first available was at 8:45, this was a little late for us so I asked again if that was the only option and she said yes. This didn't seem right so I asked her to confirm that they are not taking any walk-ins for the entire evening and she said yes of course we are?! It was very confusing to know what questions to ask to get all the options, almost like playing 20 questions. Long story short, we just drove there & upon arrival there was no wait, more than half the restaurant was empty, turns out the only take reservations for a small portion of the restaurant hence the no reservations available and yet a 60%+ empty dining room with no one on the phone who could communicate any of this to me. Please revisit the way train your staff for interactions on the phone, we almost didn't come because the proper options were never proactively presented via the phone call.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stopped here on a Friday night on the way to Gainesville. Wait for 2 was 45 minutes & we were taken to our table a few minutes earlier than that. Music was a little too lively & very loud in the bar area. It was distracting & not very relaxing. Thank heavens, though, it was softer in the dining room.
Service was fine & we were served in a reasonable amount of time. Love the crab/corn chowder. However, we ordered coffee & dessert. We leisurely drank our coffee & the dessert never arrived. When it arrived, we told them we were ready to leave. A manager came over & apologized, took the coffee & dessert off our bill & insisted on us taking it with us, which we did. Maybe the dessert experience was just an oversight during a busy weekend hour, so I will give them the benefit of a doubt. All in all, I've found every Bonefish Grill I have eaten at to be a good experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent appetizers and entrees. Living in Lahaina, Maui for my first 59 years prior to moving to Ocala 3 1/2 years ago...I've experienced and enjoyed many seafood meals. The Bonefish Grill can easily compete with any seafood restaurant in my hometown. My wife, myself and guests have enjoyed their variety of appetizers and entrees with sit down and take out meals. Also excellence in service and atmosphere...the only thing missing is the view and scenery of the ocean and beach. Mahalo and Aloha!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had dinner with a friend there in late fall 2013. The place had a friendly and casual décor. Food was decent though very limited menu. Wait time was less than 15 minutes. Host and server were friendly and helpful. Worth a try,.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wife and I had dinner here last night. Sat at the bar and the bartenders Raul and Jenny were fantastic. Our cocktails and dinners were all excellent. We have been to this Bonefish several times in the past years while traveling and have never been disappointed! Highly recommend Enjoy!!!