“Great food!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Was in town for a meeting and we all wanted to eat there. Absolutely love eating there. The bang bang shrimp was excellent, and my ahi tuna was to die for!!! Always very consistent and great food. Service was outstanding!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wednesday nights - bring on the Bang Bang Shrimp! It is an incredible value - a dozen large shrimp in an incredible sauce on top of shredded salad greens. Best of all - on Wednesday evenings it is offered at $5.00 per portion. You can even order a second portion and I have done that a few times. It is fabulous. We usually share a salad first and then that wonderful dish appears. It's usually very busy so get there before 4:30 PM or you might not get a table. This is our favorite restaurant for birthdays and other special occasions because every entrée there is great.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I revisited the restaurant expecting to see where the different fish was being brought from, as was the custom in the past. I asked the waiter where the Bang Bang Shrimp was from ? He said it was farm raised? I said okay where is it from? He said Thailand. Next I asked which fish was being used in the Fish and Chips he said tilapia, I said great. When I asked where it was from he hesitantly said Viet Nam. I said No Thank you. now he was getting very flippant with me.
I asked him what fish was actually not from the orient and he said he thought the mussels might not be from there. So I ordered a Hamburger and French fries, to which he responded "Are you sure they are from France" If I was not with a group I would have walked out. This is a restaurant that used to take pride in the freshness of their product and the world nature of the product. I was very disappointed that they have also gone to the frozen , cheaper fish from Asia.
As we are all aware Japan is in the middle of a nuclear disaster and in general fish products from most of the Pacific should be avoided. By the way my burger was well done and dry, not that the waiter cared. Be sure to eat early here because at a certan time they tend to dim the lights so it is hard to see what you are eating.

1  Thank FrodoFlorida_U_S_A_
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were visiting friends in Ocala and this is their favorite restaurant. There were 6 of us in the party including their 5 year old grandchild. The mac and cheese and green beans were a bit hit with the 5 year old. we all had the bang,bang shrimp appetizers which were excellent. I had the Caesar salad and the Ginger Coated Coconut Shrimp which was an appetizer but plenty to eat along with the salad. Two people had the Diablo Shrimp which had high marks with them. My husband ordered his extra spicy and was very pleased with the extra zing. Our waiter Shawn was very attentive and was very patient with our group. The alcoholic beverages were very reasonable. The entrees were a little high in my opinion ($15-$20) and if you want a salad it is an extra $3, but getting an appetizer and salad works great and no food waste for around $14.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our third visit to this restaurant and are came away even more impressed. The three of us rocked up without reservations on a Friday night and were shown to a nice quiet booth. The restaurant was busy but our waiter arrived promptly to take our orders for drinks and to tell us about the day's specials. Do try the watermelon martini; I'm not a martini fan but this one I can handle. It was with great restraint that I stopped at one. That and the fact I was driving.
We decided to share dishes so as to be able to eat a little of more dishes. We had the lumpy crab cakes, scallops wrapped in bacon, bang bang tacos, and a grilled salmon salad. There are times when a great meal is let down by a dish that doesn't quite cut it. Happily, this was not the case. The crab cakes were perfect with just the right amount of crab meat and was well seasoned. I recall another bacon wrapped scallop dish from a while back in Australia but this iteration was as good if not better. The tacos featured grilled talapia strips in a mango salsa, a winning combination, and the salmon in the salad was done to perfection; moist and not over done. A good place for a great seafood meal.