“Very nice!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were visiting friends in Ocala and this is their favorite restaurant. There were 6 of us in the party including their 5 year old grandchild. The mac and cheese and green beans were a bit hit with the 5 year old. we all had the bang,bang shrimp appetizers which were excellent. I had the Caesar salad and the Ginger Coated Coconut Shrimp which was an appetizer but plenty to eat along with the salad. Two people had the Diablo Shrimp which had high marks with them. My husband ordered his extra spicy and was very pleased with the extra zing. Our waiter Shawn was very attentive and was very patient with our group. The alcoholic beverages were very reasonable. The entrees were a little high in my opinion ($15-$20) and if you want a salad it is an extra $3, but getting an appetizer and salad works great and no food waste for around $14.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our third visit to this restaurant and are came away even more impressed. The three of us rocked up without reservations on a Friday night and were shown to a nice quiet booth. The restaurant was busy but our waiter arrived promptly to take our orders for drinks and to tell us about the day's specials. Do try the watermelon martini; I'm not a martini fan but this one I can handle. It was with great restraint that I stopped at one. That and the fact I was driving.
We decided to share dishes so as to be able to eat a little of more dishes. We had the lumpy crab cakes, scallops wrapped in bacon, bang bang tacos, and a grilled salmon salad. There are times when a great meal is let down by a dish that doesn't quite cut it. Happily, this was not the case. The crab cakes were perfect with just the right amount of crab meat and was well seasoned. I recall another bacon wrapped scallop dish from a while back in Australia but this iteration was as good if not better. The tacos featured grilled talapia strips in a mango salsa, a winning combination, and the salmon in the salad was done to perfection; moist and not over done. A good place for a great seafood meal.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Even though it is a little bit expensive, this is one of the best in Ocala. The food is well cooked, the portions are great and the service is without question. We started with the BamBam shrimp which could be almost a meal. My wife had steak and lobster and I had steak and a crab cake. Both were cooked to perfection and both steaks were seasoned correctly. Our server Joyce knew the menu well and was very attentive. We will go back again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This chain restaurant is modern and clean. I have been there several times and always have good food. This location is not as crowded as some others that I have been to, so I can get in with little or no waiting. I like that the wait staff know the menu and can answer questions. I love the crab cakes. The bang bang shrimp is always tasty.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Been to Bonefish several times most of the time the service is excellent but went there for Valentines day last year and had a guy wait on us that was not too interested in being at our table and more interested in a bigger table with people he knew. We will go back but will make sure we do not get this guy to wait on us.