“ Not worth the $$$”

La Cuisine French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cuisine French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 477 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Looking for a romantic escape, a quiet spot for a business lunch or dinner, a cozy place for a friend or family reunion? Or simply craving hearty, quality food and dedicated service? Located at the heart of beautiful downtown Ocala, La Cuisine with its unique French bistro atmosphere, award-winning menu alongside world-class food, full liquor bar and extensive selection of wines, is worth a closer look! Our specialties include Escargots in Garlic Butter, Traditional French Onion Soup, Beef Bourguignon, Braised Pork Shank in Honey Sauce, Duck a l' Orange, Free Range Chicken, Ratatouille and our genuinely authentic Creme Brulee, to mention just a few!
Ocala
“ Not worth the $$$”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and good service but quality of food and portions not worth the $$$. Specials aren't priced on board and tend to be way above similar dishes on menu. The best part of the meal was the hot French bread. This party of eight won't return

Gainesville, FL
“Paris Themed French Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

The seven of us who dined at La Cuisine in Ocala on a Saturday evening agreed that it was on overall "very good" experience. The ambiance was wonderful with a collection of dining rooms which imparted an intimate atmosphere. The entire staff joined together to make an effort to ensure a satisfying dining experience.

The ample menu presents a variety of offerings as well as daily specials. Everyone at our table thoroughly enjoyed their plates and I especially liked the Boudin Blanc as an appetizer. The salads and entrees all received praise. No one in our group ordered dessert though.

I enjoyed the "Paris" theme and La Cuisine is about as close to French cooking as you're going to get in North Central Florida. A nice variety of house wines reasonably priced but bring your own is an option with a $20 corkage fee.

La Cuisine offers a nice dining experience and we are looking forward to a return visit.

• Visited March 2014
Inverness, Florida
“Dessert was divine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have been looking forward to going to this restaurant ever since I first heard of it. I wasn't disappointed. The ambiance is very nice, wine selection is very good, the food was very good, the wait staff was attentive, and the dessert was divine. My husband and I enjoyed dessert the most. The only thing that kept me from giving this a 5 was that I found the sauce on my beef Bourguignon a little heavier than I hoped. Otherwise, it was tender and flavorful. My husband had the pork jarret that he enjoyed, but dessert was the crowing glory. Two words - chocolate mousse.

• Visited March 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

WOW! 5 star all the way around. :)

If you've ever read any of my reviews, you know that customer service is one of my priorities. This restaurant surpassed all expectations in every category.

HIGHLY recommend!

• Visited February 2014
Ocala, Florida
“Great people and Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I took my two year old to this very nice restaurant. The waiter went out of his way to help me keep her occupied which was very helpful since we don't eat out much. The food was very good and timely. The creme brulee was my favorite I have a gluten allergy so it was great to have a desert I could eat :)

• Visited August 2013