“We go to La Cuisine every special occasion.”

La Cuisine French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cuisine French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 493 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Looking for a romantic escape, a quiet spot for a business lunch or dinner, a cozy place for a friend or family reunion? Or simply craving hearty, quality food and dedicated service? Located at the heart of beautiful downtown Ocala, La Cuisine with its unique French bistro atmosphere, award-winning menu alongside world-class food, full liquor bar and extensive selection of wines, is worth a closer look! Our specialties include Escargots in Garlic Butter, Traditional French Onion Soup, Beef Bourguignon, Braised Pork Shank in Honey Sauce, Duck a l' Orange, Free Range Chicken, Ratatouille and our genuinely authentic Creme Brulee, to mention just a few!
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I too have been to France several times, and I was very pleased with the ambiance, the service and the food. The appetizers are too good to forgo- love the escargots and the bread served fresh at the table, and the pate, and, well, I could go on. The pork shank is so rich and savory, and a very generous portion, we love the duck, also- tender, succulent and ample portioned.
The desserts-excellent, espresso-excellent, wine selection-excellent. * I do wish they played more french music, and I have been disappointed in the fish. If you are in the mood for steaks and french fries, this is not where I would choose, but for a real French Country treat, it is wonderful. The dinner is expensive, but a good value. I am taking my daughter there tomorrow for lunch, and we are looking forward to another treat.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I ate here when we were stopped over in Ocala for a couple nights. I could not get over the authenticity of this restaurant. I spent two weeks in France in 2012 and with the food here I felt like I was there all over again. We split a bottle of house wine with the pâté for our appetizer, and for entrees we had the duck and the pork. It was heavenly--both dishes were slow cooked such that the meat fell right off the bone! We skipped dessert because the portions were very generous, so we were stuffed. The owner, Stephan, also let me speak French with him which was a nice touch (I am a huge Francophile and as such, savor any opportunity to use the language!). I especially appreciated how he took the time to get to know us a little, and how he complemented my speaking skills and accent. He wanted to make sure that we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our waitress was also French speaking. I don't know what her name was, but I ordered in French and she was very welcoming of that even though the menu items were listed in English. If we were local, I would eat here regularly. It was such a delightful treat. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great evening with out-of-town friends. Live music on Wednesday - which was a cool modern jazz. Lovely chilled tomato-cherry soup which was superb. Pork is always outstanding. We will enjoy many more meals at La Cuisine.

1  Thank richschleicher
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to La Cuisine on Saturday evening. No french welcome, no french music and very few people inside.
The decor is just ok. Nice/inmaculate white tablecloths, wood floors and (not my taste) deep red walls...
Most of the menu had to be traslated by the waiter (jaja not french but by a spanish speaker). We didnt like much what was available so my husband got an italian dish which was good and I got a NY strip steak w/french fries... The steak was very good but the frech fries were cold and soggy!!! The full pile was left on the plate and the waitress (yes we got a different person at the end) NEVER asked me if it was anything wrong with it!!)
It is not a cheap restaurant so we were not that happy overall and we are NOT coming back

2  Thank cristinargen
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had been to graduation at UF and were looking for an upscale restaurant in Ocala. Based on tripadvisor reviews I made reservations for our family. On entering the restaurant, it felt like we were back in France. There was a French greeting from the French owner, French music in the air, curtains between the rooms and more. Everything was done to the highest traditional standard. Our meal was full of delicious food. The rack of lamb was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Pork jarret was tender, sweet and had a wonderful finish of reduced wine and herbs. Duck a l’Orange was rich and melted in your mouth. We expected a heartier pate appetizer, but their version had a wonderful flavor and fewer calories. The Crème Brûlée was some of the best we've had - complete with tiny vanilla seeds coating the bottom of the dish (yummy). The Tarte Tatin was delicious and the accompanying ice cream tasted homemade. The prices were all very reasonable considering the quality of the meal - and the service from Brittany was first rate. Overall, it was quite a memorable meal.

3  Thank OScottO87