“Back from disaster”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I revisited this place for lunch since management has changed. It's back to fabulous! Great dining deals with their bento boxes. The maki rolls are great, too. Value for money is fantastic. Everything I ate was good - from the katsu chicken to the fried rice to the stir fried vegetables to the maki rolls. Service is fast and friendly again. This is back on my list for lunch. I'n happy to say I can highly recommend Sushi Bistro again. Good job, guys!

1  Thank jentlewolf

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I saw the previous reviews and I'm glad I didn't visit it last month! We went today for lunch. Today was their fourth day of reopening. The staff was very attentive, very friendly and wanted to make sure our food was great and also explained some of the dishes we didn't know about. We ordered the Bistro spring rolls for an appetizer, very good. Then we had the miso soup, it was very hot, and delicious. I ordered the Sushi Lunch B which was 4 pieces of tuna sushi and one order of tuna roll. That means I got 4 pieces of tuna sushi and 6 pieces of tuna roll. All for $10! And it was awesome! My husband ordered Sashimi lunch which was 10 pieces of fish for $10! He loved his as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who loves sushi, hibachi food, and Japanese food. They have it all!

1  Thank mbfl34480
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The restaurant just re-opened the week of February 2, 2014. Wonderful melt in your mouth fish, authentic waitresses, host, and best of all, The Sushi Chef. Fun, bright, clean atmosphere with each dish served giving pleasure to your gaze.

We had lunch with spring rolls and candy sauce, miso soup, tuna sushi and 10 piece sashimi. Everything was outstanding.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I shared a rainbow roll and 4 pieces of hamachi (nigiri style: piece of fish over a blob of rice). LOVED it. We usually order this whenever we go out for sushi. The prices were comparable to other places around the country, although I can't speak for the Ocala area. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive, however he was a little new at knowing about sushi. When the order was wrong (a roll instead of nigiri), he was very pleasant and wanted to understand where he misunderstood. He made it right. We happened on this restaurant when we couldn't get into the cajun restaurant and were very pleased with our meal.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I dont normally rate restaurants but the grand finale of my visit here will tell you why i chose to this time. Traveling from Savannah to Ft Myers, stopped in for lunch. Should have turned around after walking in to a "not cleanly smell". We were starved so we stayed. Ordered miso soup (good taste but not even warm), chopped sushi bowl (just ok), spring rolls (extremely greasy and slimy inside, didn't eat them), Tom Kai soup (not even close, more like coconut milk with a few mushrooms). The hollering and goofing off from the staff in the back made me feel like I was at a middle school lunch room. The hostess/waitress was too consumed with her cell phone to remove even one dirty dish from our table. There was an older blonde walking around that appeared to be the manager who could have cared less about the lack of professionalism amongst the staff. The worst part... When I went to the ladies room before leaving, there was dried feces on the toilet. Thank God I hover and didn't sit or I am certain that I would have completely lost my s*%t, no pun. WITH THAT SAID, OUR WAITER WAS GREAT! DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!