“Over-rated”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2011

The food was decent, not exceptional. Same for the service until the waitress quick-checked me so I couldn't use the coupon I had so I used a credit card and cut the tip.

1  Thank Blair027
Juergen and Ire... B, Owner at The Schnitzel Factory, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your review.
Sorry for your coupon experience but the coupon must be presented when you order, if not, the waitresses have to make a void and put it again in the cash register.

There are newer reviews for The Schnitzel Factory

Reviewed December 29, 2010

The Schnitzel Factory is one of the best restaurants in Ocala! The food is excellent and the service is great.

The Jaeger Schnitzel (pork) is my favorite so far, but the German Meatloaf and Schwarzwald Schnitzel are also very good. For sides, I love the spaetzle and warm potato salad. The mashed potatoes and gravy are also good.

The prices for lunch are excellent! There's a lunch special that changes every week for $5. It comes with one side. The lunches in general are very reasonably priced at about $6.99 to $7.99.

For the area, the dinners are a bit overpriced, in my opinion. The Ocala area is not known for its economic prosperity, and the bulk of dinner entrees in the range of $13.99 to $16.99 is a bit on the high side.

Overall, this is a restaurant well worth trying!

1  Thank racechick8293
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We go here once a week for lunch and the food is wonderful, the beer is outstanding, and the service is warm and attentive. Everything we've had here was great, but the Potato pancakes are our favorite starter and all of the Schnitzel's (especially the pork) are out of this world. Very affordable, as well. A great lunchtime bargin.

2  Thank TheOranges
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband and I had a lovely lunch! I had the Schnitzel burger and OMG it was to die for! Not a healthy kind of meal but I LOVED every minute of it! And the Potato salad was seriously the BEST German Potato salad I've EVER had! Hubby had the Ruben and he too was impressed! The menu was so exciting that we can't wait to go back to try a dinner! I've already blogged about it at Blog Ocala and have told many to go! Lovely place and people!

Reviewed March 26, 2010

Delicate it's not. but if what you crave is any type of pork or veal schnitzel, then this is your place. it's on the tad greasy side, just like I rmember it in Austria, Switzerland and Germany, but nice and crispy. The sauerkraut is fairly generic, though.