“If you like fordue and cooking at your table this is for you”
Review of The Melting Pot - CLOSED

The Melting Pot
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for one of the best restaurants in Ocala to have a fun night on the town, look no further than the fondue dining experience of The Melting Pot. Start your evening off with any of our mouth-watering cheese fondues prepared table-side to the delight of your fellow dining companions. Then tickle your taste buds with any of our fresh salads. The fondue dining experience makes for one of the best restaurants in Ocala to fit everyone's taste preferences with entree choices ranging from seafood, to steak, to vegetarian options. And let's not forget the reason we are often voted one of Ocala's best romantic restaurants - our chocolate fondue! Many of our guests come to us seeking romance and choose The Melting Pot as just the right place to propose to their loved one! Still, others choose The Melting Pot as the perfect place for their holiday large party or Ladies Night Out! The Melting Pot is proud to offer a gluten free menu created in partnership with the Gluten Intolerance Group
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went to dinner for our wedding anniversary at The Melting Pot and everything was wonderful. We had all the 4 course and even dessert which was very filling. Next time no dessert for me. I was way too full. It was so much fun enjoying the fondue with a nice glass of wine. It was not a cheap dinner and cost around $136.00 without a tip. It was a special occasion for us and I have always wanted to go there.
We had a Groupon coupon for $55.00 which was suppose to be half price and they took off $107.35 instead of $109.70 but we paid extra for dessert which was $17.00 for a chocolate fondue and a special sauce for the food which cost $3.95 so we actually paid with the coupon $85.66 without the tip which was $26.00 extra.

There are newer reviews for The Melting Pot

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We visited for our 21st anniversary because of a suggestion from a friend. We asked for Lindsay and got her even though she was not supposed to be in our area, I think. She was very helpful in helping us choose the different selections. We started with the spinach artichoke cheese dip. OUT OF THIS WORLD. Then we each got the Caesar salads. it was very good. I got the French Quarter and was a little shocked at how little meat came out. But the selections were awesome and flavorful and as tender as they could possibly be. Then we went with the dark chocolate and caramel with rock salt. I do not like chocolate all that much but it was very good with the strawberries, rice crispy treat and the cheese cake. I do not know if it was the length of time you took between courses but by the time I left I was very full.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

NO matter what you choose its great. Expect to spend over fifty dollars for two. But you will spend a nice evening with dipping breads in bubbling cheese sauce made at your table. Following are the veggies and small cuts of meat cooked in hot oil right at your table. And don't forget desert like fruits dipped in piping hot chocolates. A fun entertaining time for a night out in Ocala.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place amazes me that it is still open! In this economy, even people with good 'taste' in eateries and the money to spend are avoiding it due to the COST unless it's a 'special occasion' and it's still way too much money for Ocala.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We went to celebrate my Mothers birthday and the return of my son from Afghanistan. As a party of 8 we were catered to with absolute attention from our servers. They were full of information on the foods and techniques in getting the full enjoyment of the 4 course meal. Pure pleasure, and so delicious!