“little food no atmosphere”
Review of The Melting Pot - CLOSED

The Melting Pot
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for one of the best restaurants in Ocala to have a fun night on the town, look no further than the fondue dining experience of The Melting Pot. Start your evening off with any of our mouth-watering cheese fondues prepared table-side to the delight of your fellow dining companions. Then tickle your taste buds with any of our fresh salads. The fondue dining experience makes for one of the best restaurants in Ocala to fit everyone's taste preferences with entree choices ranging from seafood, to steak, to vegetarian options. And let's not forget the reason we are often voted one of Ocala's best romantic restaurants - our chocolate fondue! Many of our guests come to us seeking romance and choose The Melting Pot as just the right place to propose to their loved one! Still, others choose The Melting Pot as the perfect place for their holiday large party or Ladies Night Out! The Melting Pot is proud to offer a gluten free menu created in partnership with the Gluten Intolerance Group
Ocala, Florida
“little food no atmosphere”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

nothing to see and you cook your own food , I left hungryafter 85.00

Visited February 2012

Dunnellon, Florida
“HUM”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Have been to the Melting Pot many times in many states. It is overrated to me and much to expensive. The best part is the chocolate fondue! Service is always good.

Gainesville, Florida
“Really fun, really expensive”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My wife and I had never been to a Melting Pot before and we had a great experience. We were seated right away in a booth, the atmosphere is average and a little noisy. But everything went great from there. Our server was great and the food was delicious! We had their cheapest 4-course package. It was such a neat experience to cook our own food, it is a unique and enjoyable way to eat a meal. I was completely stuffed and I eat a lot. So much great meat and then the chocolate fondue dessert is amazing. The obvious downside is the cost. Our total for the evening was $107 which is still a lot, even for a great experience.

• Visited February 2012
Central Florida
“Amazing Fondue/Atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Melting Pot in Ocala, Fl has it all. First, I'd like to start by saying LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Parking can be a problem, as it's located downtown Ocala on the square - HOWEVER - having it on the square gives it such an awesome atmosphere. I highly recommend going during the Christmas holiday season. Because the lights downtown on the square ... are just an added bonus. You can get a table that faces the downtown square and it's almost like you are literally having dinner, right next to the lights. Second, the food is awesome. I've talked with several people who have had a couple of complaints -1) I don't want to pay that much money and cook my own food and 2) I leave there hungry. Well let me shed some light on these two complaints.

First, you aren't paying just to cook your food - you are paying for an awesome atmosphere and experience. Whether it's a girls night out or a romantic evening ... cooking food and dipping it in fondue is fun. Second, if you leave there hungry - you have a bottomless stomach. A lot of people/patrons don't know you can get extra "boats" of the potatoes and vegetables. They also bring extra sauces. Don't hesitate to ask them.

It's not a fast experience in any way. Plan for the night to take at least an hour and a half .. and that's if you have a small table. Usually, an average night there lasts about 2 hours. But it's an enjoyable dining experience from start to finish.

• Visited February 2012
The Villages, Florida
“Super food, super service, super wine menu!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Go...and experience a culinary treat! How often have you had a chocolate fondue? Or a wonderful swiss cheese fondue? The dinner entrees with meat, seafood, chicken and veges fondued in a wonderful broth are awesome! Go, go gooooo!!!!