“Awesome!”

ATV Off-Road Adventure Tours
Ranked #4 of 8 Tours in Ocala
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience a Real Florida Vacation with our ATV Off-Road Adventure Tours. ALL participants must be 18 years old and up.Guided ATV rides are a fun and exciting way to enjoy your Florida Vacation in the Ocala National Forest. We offer single or double rider ATVs which is the modern way to see "Old Florida". The ATVs are easy to operate and we welcome all levels of experience on this eco-tour. All ATVs are automatic and everything you need is provided from helmets to snacks. Ocala National Forest is home to abundant wildlife and unique animal habitats. You may enjoy seeing white tail deer, turkey, raccoon, unusual fox squirrels, eagles, hawks, and many other birds of prey. We offer rides ranging from 2 1/2 to 3 hours. We have access to miles of ATV trails all starting at newly built trailheads that provide restrooms and practice areas. This adventure will leave you with “Real Florida” memories that most visitors to our state rarely enjoy. Tours for 2 or more ATVs start at only $99. Call to make your reservation or to get all the information you need to make outdoor memories of Fla. a reality.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

My sister surprised her husband a "dirty thirty" birthday. We had a blast!! Guides were great! As they are concerned about your saftey they so remind you to stay in a straight line ( but you do go fast) I'm an advance rider and a few times I had to play catch up. Great tour! Had a great time

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dbwells0720

Ocala, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great way to see the forest.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

My brother was visiting from NY and my wife and I wanted to show him the forest. We called ATV Off-road Adventure Tours and Pete was very accommodating for our last minute plan. The safety briefing and practice drive took my wife's jitters away and made her feel safe and comfortable. The pace was nice and allowed us to absorb the scenery. We stopped a few times along the way to point out bear tracks and wildlife. We did a three hour tour and it just flew by. All their ATVs are obviously very we'll maintained and very smooth riding. The 2 seaters are really comfortable and I could've easily rode all day long. The experience we had was great and has made my wife and I seriously consider getting a couple of 2 seater ATVs for ourselves. The single seaters they have are just as comfortable and smooth. It has been about a month and my brother still keeps talking about it, he wants to get away from the NY snow, come back down and do the 6 hour tour. Thanks for a great relaxing time!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Dan R
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome ATV tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This past weekend we had a awesome ride through Ocala National Park with ATV Off Road Tours. Our guide, owner Peter Briggs, knew everything there is to know about the park and the wildlife! I've always been a little scared of ATVs, but felt very safe with this company. Highly recommend this tour.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Barbara W
sydney, cape breton , nova scotia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ATV TOUR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had booked on april 14th 2013 and had an awesome time . Peter the owner and his other guide Tony were just lovely. They had everything i didnt think of. We had a safety meeting and a small practice session to see how we were comfortable driving the atv . Safety is big thing with these guys and its nice to see that they take this seriously we booked a 2.5 hour tour we had started off and peter would stop occasionally to explain the forrest the wildlife and how the eco system worked in this part of florida, Being from Cape Breton we were amazed to see sand everywhere we went we had a leisurely drive thru the forest and we were treated with respect and they were quite welcoming and hospitable to us ........ I was quite impressed by the total experience that we will book again next april of 2014 for the 5.5 hour tour and we cant wait for it ....many thanks to peter and tony and we look forward to seeing you again.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank cbreton111
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Would have been more fun if I wasn't completely terrified by their safety talk....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Didn't see any wildlife or anything terribly exciting really, the park was pretty and we had fun but definitely NOT what I expected from an ATV trip. Firstly, they are not kidding about the 'nice leisurely pace' stuff. We had a couple very experienced riders in our group and the guides kept scolding them for going too fast or taking turns too sharply or not driving in an exactly straight line behind everyone else. Really??? They seriously don't want you going more than 15 mph which was pretty disappointing to us. Quite frankly at that point I'd rather be on horseback. Secondly they go way overboard on the safety stuff and 'worse case scenario' anecdotes. After we got there and got outfitted with helmets, goggles and gloves they basically set us on the ATVs (which were WAY bigger than I had anticipated), told us how to start them up and had us drive around the parking lot and get the feel for them. That was the point were I thought, 'ok, this is a little strange, I've never ridden a bike with a throttle and hand breaks and all but I can totally handle this!' And THEN the safety talks started and we got to hear about every bad thing that's ever happened on the trail and how careful you have to be and on and on. They had me so completely freaked out that when I hit some deep sand and the steering on the ATV started pulling one way and the other I completely lost it! ran off the trail, got stuck and started having a panic attack. I was shaking so bad I couldn't drive the ATV and ended up riding on the back of one with one of my friends. In the end it turned out to be way more fun because my friends goofed off when the guides weren't looking but it would be really great if they would just ease off all the doom and gloom stories a bit. Oh, and also let people know that the trail is NOT like the parking lot; it's SAND and it will change the way the ATV steers.

Overall it was fun but I think next time I'll check out a different place next time that's more focused on letting people cut loose.

Visited May 2013