“Frozen Seafood in Florida??? Why???”
Review of Sam's St. Johns Seafood - CLOSED

Sam's St. Johns Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Why would you serve frozen seafood in Florida???
Why would you serve canned vegetables in Florida???
Hope I can avoid this place in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Let me just start off with the fact that the sign said there was a Monday Crab Legs special; wasn't even close to a special. While the service was average, I can't say the same for the food. I ordered oysters as a side. And for all of y'all who've gone to sea food restaurants and ordered oysters, you expect the shells with them(common knowledge). Mine came fried. They should specify the menue.
As for the rest of the food, you can tell its not fresh. I can honestly say that the only thing I enjoyed was the hush puppies. The salmon was dry, the fried fish had bones, and the fried shrimp still had the skin. All in all, I just left the the restaurant hungrier for actual food, and $85 down the toilet.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

During our vacation to Florida in July 2012, my family dined at Sam's St. Johns. Most of us had the all-you-can-eat shrimp special of the day for 13.99, and 2 of us shared the plenty-for-two seafood platter. We took home 2 boxes of leftovers.... there was so much food! It was deliciously prepared, although the baked potatoes were a bit overdone. Our server was very attentive and friendly, as well as the owner. We've been eating here for years, and we just love this restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I recently had a business lunch scheduled and my associate suggested Sam St. John's. I had never frequented this restaurant, but am always up for something new. I was very surprised at the portion size! I order fish and shrimp and the portions were huge. The fish was very well prepared and although the shrimp could have beeen seasoned a little better, I was very satisfied with the light batter and quantity. The price point was very reasonable and I would definitely have another meeting there.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had lunch here while in the area. The food was great, but the service was a bit slow. I would recommend this place and plan to return.