“Our afternoon of waiting for food that never came, time and time again!”
Review of Tommy's Country Market & BBQ - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This afternoon we stopped in for some BBQ, ordered and after about 1/2 hour the waitress came to us to tell us the order had been lost, not once, but twice in that period. So we ordered again and after another 1/2 hour we left as we kept hearing it was coming, it's coming. Will not be going back...ever! Stupid us for being so naive and sitting there for an hour! When we were going out there was someone With "Tommy" on his shirt...looked like possibly the manager...he had gone by our table at least a 1/2 dozen times and did not notice us sitting there all that time waiting! Honestly, what a way to run a restaurant.

3  Thank Jakesmom55

Reviewed August 28, 2010

For anyone who was not aware’ Tommy’s’ Restaurant is now open in the Forest (Formally RODGER’s BBq)
We celebrated my husband’s birthday at Tommy’s in the Forest. ‘Quincy’ (who I believe does a pretty good sense of humor) met with me ahead of time and went over menu options and pricing. (Very reasonable BTW)
Tommy’s forte is BBQ …. Our menu consisted of Fried shrimp, pulled pork, fries, slaw, baked beans and garlic bread, Chicken nuggets/ fingers, fries and chocolate milk for the little ones. The potions were hearty, the pork was fabulous…..moist& fork tender with choice of 3 sauces…. The beans were Phenomenal.
Our party consisted of 7 Adults and 2 small children (1 of which was a toddler).
Even though they were at a disadvantage ( My husband’s birthday celebration occurred during the week of their opening, The staff was very accommodating , even giving a few extra moments of attention to the littlest ones, and never making us feel rushed . The staff even took a few minutes during this busy time to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to my husband. Other patrons then stopped by to wish him a happy birthday as well.
Each and every adult member of our party left giving Tommy’s restaurant and his staff 2 thumbs up for a job well done. All agreed --they will return.
Thank you Tommy for a super great meal.

3  Thank blackbearz
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The BBQ sauce and rib cuts make this the best in the South. I have eaten BBQ in every state in the south and this is the BEST. Memphis's famous Charlie Vargas Rendezvous can not come close to TOMS real backyard BBQ. Until you order a rack you will never know what I am talking about. If you have tried 3 Rivers in Orlando you know good cooking when you get it but, Toms' wins by a cut above. There is just no other way to say it until you have eaten at Toms you have not had the best no matter what THEY say. Take your family, the service is down to earth country. Don't take my word for it try it for yourself then tell me who makes it better. Bet you can't...........................Pete (elpasop@aol.com

1  Thank elpasopete
Reviewed February 3, 2010

The parking lot is always packed, especially for breakfast

1  Thank JohnMeekins
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I ordered a whole smoked turkey from Tommy's BBQ. After slicing the turkey, I noticed the a bag inside the turkey which turned out to be the giblets. The bag of giblets left a bad smell and and also the meat didn't taste good. After contacting Tommy's, I was told that this happens when the turkeys are being thawed that sometimes the bag of giblets is left inside. IS THIS A SAFE PRACTICE? I think the Health Inspectors should look into this matter.
My family and friends have been doing business with Tommy's for years and most of the time we've enjoyed the food and service. However I'm very dissappointed with their response and believe they could have done more to help make the situation right!
Rest assured that I'll tell my friends, fellow workers with CenturyLink, SCI and other companies in the area!

Resident Ocala, Fl