“My Birthday Parth...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lips Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 112 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakland Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Birthday Parth...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Wow, what a great time. I never thought i would Laugh so much, oh and the food. It was great. I had the Filet Mignon, and never thought food would be so good at a Drag Restaurant. The Drag queens were funny, and very personable, and the food was great. Im looking forward to My next Birthday party at this Place. Great time!!!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Mr G

New Orleans, Louisiana
“the food sucks but that isnt why youre there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

this was an absolutely hysterical night of entertainment. the food is terrible, but youre there for the show. if you are going to a drag queen cabaret for the cuisine you have problems other than a low quality meal. be advised the last show of the night on Friday and Saturday is extremely ribald and is not for the faint of heart. its also hilarious!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank patrick t
Home
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Went with 3 other gals and had a ball. Dinner was excellent and drinks were pricey but good. We had a front row table and they called us the golden girls. The night we were there was celebrity night. Marilyn Monroe, Cher, Tina Turner, Reba, and so on were all there. The female impersonaters were so good. There were all ages there so go and have fun. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank Mabird43
Delray Beach, Florida
“Average food, Average Entertainment, just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Just back from a birthday bash a LIPS. I attended the sunday gospel brunch, and prior to traveling, I did read the reviews, and they were spot on. I did have to pay $5.00 to park my car up front, and the service was not very good, only came back one time to refill our mimosas! Emcee was funny, engaged the crowd with raunchy comedy, and entertained in between acts. Basically, just your typical drag queen show, with a gospel twist. Food was average, nothing to rave about. Overall comment, been there, done that.

• Visited October 2011
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“Fun Time, go for the experience, not the food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

We really went there for the experience and not the food and what an experience we had. The drinks were really powerful and maybe that was a good thing because the food...was horrible. Dessert was a brownie with a dollop of whipped cream on top which I didn't see anyone touch. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary so the "girls" made it a really special night for us both. We laughed and laughed and it was quite memorable. Thought the head guy Yano was a cold hearted joke and it would behoove him to crack a smile here and there. He looked and acted like a pimp. Couldn't wait for the show to get started...the music videos were getting old, and the valet parking was a joke but I can understand that they wanted to try to squeeze everyone in the tiny parking lot...but if you paid extra you could get your car parked up front or put on display as the valets were telling us as they were pointing out the two mazzeroti's in the parking lot. Fun time though! We went back to the hotel and ordered room service.

• Visited September 2011