“Poor customer services”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Fort Lauderdale
“Poor customer services”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Today is Nov. 4th. I have been going to Wings Plus for over 13 years and never called in a complaint. But today, I ordered my normal, 15 piece medium/hot with jamacian jerk, cooked well done. A friend of mine picked up the order for me. When the order arrived at my house, I only had 13 wings and my wings were not cooked well done. I called the restaurant to advise my wing order was short and that I only received 13 wings. The young lady on the phone said they would give me a credit for 2 wings. Then I mentioned that the wings were not cooked well done. At that point, I was put on hold to speak to a manager. When the manager came to the phone, I explained the situation. The manager's first response was "is it possible that the person who picked up the wings for you ate some of the wings because we make 15 piece orders all day and its very unlikely we made the order short." At that point, I'm totally offended because I know the person who picked up the order did not eat any wings from my order. I asked to speak to a different manager or the name of the day manager who I could speak with the following day, and Chelsea (the manager) told me she was the owner. Now I'm even more aggravated because I can not believe the owner would handle the situation as such. Chelsea (the manager, the owner, whomever she is) and I went back and forth with words for a bit then I finally said I'm bringing the wings back and want my $ and she said ok. When I arrived at the restaurant, she approached me with attitude and I reiteriated that I was totally offended by her response to my compliant. The person who picked up the order was with me so I asked Chelsea did she want to ask my friend did she eat the wings and she turned to my friend and said "did you eat the wings." I was done after that. I asked for my $ and said I would never return to the restaurant. It's sad because for the most part, I have always been pleased with the food and service. But one bad apple (Chelsea) can cause a long term customer to never return!! All I was looking for was an apology/acknowlegement for the order not being correct and some form of credit for the mishap. So now, I didn't get a chance to enjoy wings tonight and wasted my gas and time driving up to the restaurant to return the order (15 mins away from home). All around, bad deal!!

• Visited November 2013

Cape Coral, Florida
“Wings good, but Credit Card fraud?”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were visiting family in the area and 8 of us went to Wings Plus in Oakland Park. We do enjoy the wings there. I paid the bill with my Visa card and tipped well. The next morning we went to gas my daughter's car and the same Visa card was refused. I called the card company and was immediately connected to the Fraud department. There was a $2.63 charge at the local Candlewood Suites sometime after we ate. The charge was most likely a test charge after the theif cloned my credit card. So my card was cancelled. (Wings Plus was the only place where I had used that card in days.)

So if you want to avoid the inconvenience of having your credit card cancelled, my suggestion is that you pay with cash!

• Visited August 2013
fort lauderdale, florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food- Ice Cold Beer Fast Delivery”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Big menu. Wings are the best ! The blue cheese dressing is unbelievable. and the belt best news is they deliver all day long & half tonight. Try the turkey club on rye.

• Visited May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Good wings”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Wings were good. Fries were better. Busy place with tons of takeout. Atmosphere is a bit run down but you aren't there for gourmet....

• Visited May 2013
Wilton Manors, Florida
“Great wings!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Love the variety of flavors of wings here! I have been eating here for almost 20 years and have never had better wings. I have actually gotten my whole office turned on to this restaurant. My only note of caution, if you want the curly fries you should eat in, not take out or delivery as they loose their crispiness.

Visited March 2013