“Birthday lunch”

Coral Springs, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday lunch”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The family visited the restaurant on Sunday afternoon to celebrate two special birthdays. Every dish ordered was delicious. Go and eat to your heart's content!!!

• Visited August 2014

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Awesome!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have eaten lunch there a couple of times. First time i had the Philly that's flash fried and the 2nd i had the philly mac. Both were Excellent!! Both time i went there with a group. It's a hole in the wall type of place but with outstanding chefs! For lunch don't expect the place to be quiet or exceptionally quick. Our serivce was efficient considering there were 4+ people both times, and also friendly. Cool little place and can't wait to try the breakfast items!

• Visited June 2014
florida
“Disappointing, expected better than this, mediocre at best”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Oh dear.... must have been an off day because it was a big let-down. My husband and I both had such high hopes for this - after reading all the great reviews - we absolutely LOVE "hole in the wall" type places, especially those that people call hidden gems, so we were absolutely positive we would love it.

But it was a huge anti-climax.

We were lucky to get a table as soon as we walked in (it was the last table, right in the back - it was stuffy and hot back there, no fans or anything, but at least we could sit down right away). The minute after we sat down, a stream of people came in, so we were indeed lucky!

We both ordered coffee which was extremely lackluster and without much flavor and indeed without any zing. Hubbie ordered the Naughty Waffle, which supposedly was a Belgian waffle, caramelized banana, fresh strawberries, nutella and fresh cream. I ordered Eggs Ur Way (two eggs over medium with potatoes and white toast).
We had to wait 25 (yes, that's TWENTY FIVE) MINUTES (timed) from when we placed our order until we received our food, and there is no way the place was that busy. I thought they'd forgotten about it. I reckon ours had been left somewhere because both of our food was cold - my eggs over medium were completely raw in the middle (the white was completely runny, ugh), and the "toast" was just white bread, had not been toasted, or if it had, someone had just waved it in front of the toaster. The potatoes were cold - but I just asked the server to please get the eggs cooked more, so she did. When she brought the plate back, the food was piping hot, the toast was toasted, the eggs were done properly - but still, in the most basic diner, to wait 25 minutes for eggs and toast is bad enough, let alone to have them done incorrectly. I noted that the people who sat down probably twenty minutes after us at the next table were brought their food (a philly sandwich or something like that and eggs benedict) FIVE MINUTES after us - so something really was wrong with our order. My husband is a patient man, and this was his breakfast pick, so I waited patiently without comment - but if I'd have been on my own, I would have walked out before the 25 minutes was up. Yes they're busy but not that busy, that's for sure, and for an easy order like ours, that's not impressive.

My husband really enjoyed his waffle - I had half (thanks my love) and thought a) what a pathetic drizzle of nutella it was - you could really hardly taste it or see it b) the waffle was cold, probably because it had been sitting out for too long while someone forgot about it - it had that sort of chewy texture when you leave a waffle sitting for too long- the strawberries (probably a total of two, cut into small pieces) were delicious, and the tiny blob of cream was also nice. But for $10, I expected much better than that, and as I said, my "sure thing" of eggs, toast and potatoes at $7, was disappointing. Sure, when it was "redone", it was fine but that's after waiting half an hour (25 minutes for the first time and 5 minutes for it to be heated up and eggs cooked longer), but I wasn't offered any more coffee.

Oh and let me add that by the end of our meal, we were both literally glowing like we'd run 10 miles - it was SOOOOO hot and stuffy back there - can't you at least get a fan going? When we left and walked through the front part of the place, it was much cooler, but stuck in the back, we suffered with the lack of ventilation and indeed, lack of even a cheap fan.

Right at the end, when she came to clear, I asked the waitress for more coffee, she brought me some and wow, this was GOOD coffee - MUCH better than the first cup we had. I am absolutely positive that when she filled our coffee cups using the orange-rimmed coffee pot the first time, that WAS decaf. This new coffee was a totally different ballgame - it tasted like real coffee!

So... to make a short story even longer, the experience was very disappointing - and based on this experience, if it was up to me, we would never go back. However, my husband is so convincing and tells me I just chose the wrong breakfast, that yes, his food was cold, and yes my food was cold and undercooked and the toast not toasted and the eggs semi-raw, and yes we had to wait 25 minutes for our food, and yes there was hardly any nutella on his waffle, and yes the first cup of coffee had been insipid, but WE MUST GIVE IT ANOTHER SHOT! The menu is interesting, they have some good options for vegetarians too, so he has pleaded with me with clasped hands to give it another try. So we will be back at some point, but only because I really love my husband. Otherwise no, I wouldn't go back .

• Visited March 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great English breakfast!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Went there with the hubs for his bday breakfast and have to say the food was excellent. I love an English breakfast and this one was delish!! The beans were fantastic and so tasty and the potatoes are fantastic. Hubs had the chicken and waffle and said the waffle was the best he's had. Can't wait to hit the place again for breakfast and then try the lunch...

Visited March 2014
florida
“Hoping For Better”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I had lunch here yesterday. I had wanted to love it as the reviews were so wonderful. Unfortuantely, It did not live up to my expectations. On the plus side the waffle with fried chicken was very good. The problems were that the place was extremely noisy (the music was unnecessarily loud given the general noise level of the room and the open kitchen) and the service was unusual (they brought my food then a few minutes later one friend got his and then a few minutes later the other friend got his. I saw this happen at the next table also. The blackboard indicated they had butternut squash soup but when I ordered it they said they were too busy to change the board and had a Moroccan vegtable soup. I tried it and it was only average. I also tried the mac and cheese. It was creamy but on the bland side and I am not a person who likes things highly spiced. I think that there is great potential here but they are not there yet.

• Visited March 2014