“Good environment, great food!”
Review of Ceviche by the Sea

Ceviche by the Sea
Reserve with OpenTable
Ceviche by the Sea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Beautiful and modern looking restaurant. Our experience with Peruvian ceviche was amazing! The Ceviche with aji amarillo sauce was supreme! I have tried ceviche in Peru before and this restaurant keeps all the details from the original recipe. My husband and I loved it and definitely we will come back again in our next visit to Fort Lauderdale.
The "potato Causa" filled with crab, the raviolis filled with aji de gallina and huancaina sauce and "sea food cau cau" with a touch of mint... OMG!! they were also delicious!!
People working there are very friendly and explain to you every dish, so you will have an idea about the Peruvian cuisine. Comfortable parking area. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The highlight of our trip to Florida was our meal at Ceviche by the Sea.
A beautiful modern restaurant, very clean with friendly staff.
We enjoy the grilled octopus it was very tender and tasty; honestly, the best I have tasted. Even our 8 year old loved it.
We had the several orders of anticuchos, they were excellent each time. The Aji Amarillo or yellow fish and classic ceviches were both very good. They were fresh, flavourful, ample seafood and they were not smothered in onions; as you tend to get in many restaurants.
We also tried the ravioli dish as well as the chocolate torte. Again, good portions and very tasty.
I an not easily impressed and being in the restaurant business for 20 years I know the amount of work that goes into making each customer happy.
The chef,owners and staff should be proud of the excellent job they have accomplished.

Congratulations

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very nice and chic looking restaurant. Good value lunch deals (ceviche special on Tuesdays!) Portions are not huge but they'll fill you up. Extra points for accommodating my request to prepare the ceviche without cilantro.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

First thing about the restaurant was that I called to make sure we could get seated cause it was a big party, they told me that they were very busy & we needed to make reservations. I made the reservations at 2 different places just in case, but it made my dad curious so we ended up going to this place. When we got there, the restaurant was empty, right away I felt deceived & my dad bit the hook!!! The place is not big & the food doesn't have the real Peruvian flavor, it was more like a fusion that seems to be the "New" thing to do. If we go to a Peruvian restaurant, it is to savor the Peruvian flavor not to try out a "fusion". The server was very nice & amicable, but the food wasn't that great. If you want Peruvian food with a twist, try it out, other than that, I wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank Ane65
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a real ceviche lover, I was not impressed with the lunch ceviche that I ordered. The fish didn't seem fresh and the side of sweet potato mash that they served was spoiled and sour. When I called to complain about it, the hostess just said "i"ll let someone know about it" I will not order lunch for my office again from them.

2  Thank Mylene P