“I wanted to keep this Peruvian restaurant a secret.”
Review of Ceviche by the Sea

Ceviche by the Sea
Reserve with OpenTable
Ceviche by the Sea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 117 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

By sharing this means that many of you will go. .My son in law is Peruvian and I was visiting.
Don't be fooled by the outside, it's in a strip mall. The decor inside is really nice. My daughter is vegetarian, on the menu it does say any dish can be made vegetarian, our waiter was not so hot on this. She had papa la huancaina, Potatoes in a creamy sauce. She also had (recommended by waiter) Tabbouleh de Quinoa, Beautifully presented. Wish I took a picture. I had conchitas a la parmesan. Scallops on half shells, very tasty. Just wish the scallops were bigger for the price.Son in law had chupe de camarones a shrimp chowder, and Piqueo Causita apparently both were good. Desert I had quinua creme brule.Interesting yes I would have it again. The manager was very nice and came round. I would give it a five star but I told him on the way out about the vegetarian entrees not being suggested and also a couple of servers were chewing gum. He was appalled and asked me who. I did not point fingers. He said he will address both issues. I will be back in FL in June and will definitey go back and hopefully give it five stars. Make a reservation. It was Thursday and filled up quickly. Cant't wait to go back.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place is delicious.
Delicious appetizer platter where they bring you a little grill to the table.
The seafood soup was also delicious.
As a main course we had a the Seafood Pasta and the Salmon.
Everything was very good. The Pasta was soo tasty. Better than at any italian place in the area.
The service was also quick and attentive.
Next time we are back we have to try the Ceviche, which supposedly is also very good.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went for lunch and I ordered the Cau Cau of Calamares and Lomo Saltado. The taste was ok, nothing out of this world. The restaurant is well decorated, great place to go on a date, the presentation is very nice. I need to go back and try other dishes. I will recommend this restaurant. Next time I will try their Ceviche.

1  Thank Jmonica
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Better watch out and read this review before you will read all the reviews before this one. Im Peruvian so I well know what these restaurant is doing business. Taste is good, dishes are well done cook, I could say everything was great until my wife and I got one of the dishes that we ordered, every single Peruvian restaurant has a variety of ceviches, there always an option to order Trilogia or ceviche Sampler,means it will come three or four kinds of ceviches, they serve you that plate with very minimal fish and a lot of lime juice, $ 29.00 for that small dish. Beware with all the prices it doesnt match what you will get. I asked the owner for that particular issue and he justified that he paid a lot for a fresh fish. If you go to small Peruvian rest or a big one like Cviche 105 or Francesco you will get like you will be in Peru. Beware with this owner!!!!!!!

1  Thank RafaelV267
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We went with some friends last night and found the place to be amazing. Quality of fresh food surpassed our expectations along with friendly service.