“BEST CUBAN FOOD IN SOUTH FLORIDA”

Fuego Latino Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 112 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Commercial Blvd
Description: For authentic Cuban cuisine, Fuego Latino is Fort Lauderdale's finest. With an established reputation for using the freshest ingredients available in traditional Cuban recipes, you're in for flavors you'll come back for. Ignite your passion for Paella and let us show you the true taste of Havana today.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“BEST CUBAN FOOD IN SOUTH FLORIDA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is simply one of the best dining experiences anyone will ever have in a restaurany. This is why i come here on a regular basis. Consistent service and exceptional top motch cuban food. They offer both cuban & mexican entrees but I mainly stick with the cuban side. They have daily lunch specials that start at $4 and finish off at $9. Simply a must go. You will regret not going earlier. AWESOME CUBAN & MEXICAN FOOD> THE BEST

• Visited September 2013

Glendale, Arizona
“Cuban Hole In The Wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I came to Florida from Arizona wanting to try some genuine Cuban food. I think I got what I came for at Fuego Latino. But I think if they would decide their identity, whether they're Cuban or Mexican, they could attract a more genuine crowd of patrons looking for something more specific.

Anyway, me and my buddy ordered empanadas, pork and beef. For 1.99 each, I felt like we could have ordered just those and we'd have been satisfied. Very good empanadas, and the price is killer, and they're huge. Tender and flaky, meat inside was well seasoned. Asked for some hot salsa and that made them even better.

I ordered the ropa vieja for my entree, and wish I hadn't. It was far too salty for my taste. Wish I had just ordered another empanada. I didn't eat much of the ropa vieja, and the server didn't remove it from the bill.

Plantains were beautifully carmelized and delicious.

• Visited August 2013
“Amazing Cuban & Mexican food. Best in South Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Heard about Fuego Latino from our valet guy at our hotel. Thank god we listened to him. The food, service, atmosphere was perfect from beginning to end. Had the oxtail stew and my wife had the roast pork. It was deliciouso!!! And the Fuego sampler appetizer was amazing. You name it. It was on the plate. Emapanads, papa rellena, mariquitas. Tamal, etc. If you come to south Florida and don't check this place out you are definetly missing out on a great dining experience. Can't wait til I come back to Florida again soon. This will definetly be one of our stops.

Houston, Texas
“Great Cuban food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had marinated grilled skirt steak, topped with a light white wine butter sauce with shrimp. sides were plantains, white rice and black beans. It was top notch, juicy and super tender And well seasoned. The margaritas are excellent. The only thing that needed improvement was the salsa (needed more fresh onion and garlic please). Nelson the waiter was excellent, friendly and fun and you could tell he takes pride in his job (likely due to the write ups in the local paper and several "bests" awards hung on the wall. Nicely priced too. Local place, not located in a touristy area, but safe, clean and homey feeling

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Always consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I always look forward to dining here. There are no pretentions here. Solid Cuban and Mexican food with a few other assorted Latin dishes. Service is always fast and very charming. The atmosphere is pleasing with Latin music at just a high enough volume to allow comfortable conversation.

• Visited May 2013