“kitch, kitch, more kitch and poor service and food”
Review of Sweet Sage Cafe

Sweet Sage Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I knew that it had to catch up with me. I've had a run of good cafes. This place has plenty of cute signs on the walls and because of a terribly slow kitchen you will have time to read all of them, Oh and don't order a medium rare burger because the chef is color blind. Management tried to make it right, but it took an hour to get our food and everyone else was eating. I sure was not going to wait another hour just on the chance that they could possibly get it right. When you go there just get an Iced tea and read the signs, some of them are really cute. I know . Iread most of them.

finman1959, Owner at Sweet Sage Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2015

Glad you enjoyed reading our signs. Warmly, John

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Sweet Sage Cafe is like our family kitchen ... just as homey, food just as good (if not better, but don't tell mama!), and the people are incredibly friendly, employees and patrons alike. I bring my young children every weekend and the staff treats them like gold. We always walk out looking forward to our next visit. I highly recommend you check it out!

finman1959, Owner at Sweet Sage Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for your delightful review of Sweet Sage. It is a special place for us and we love it when our guests feel the same way. We always have something new to see and eat so please come back soon and bring a kids. You will always be welcome. Thank you.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We made breakfast in our condo for two weeks and decided to “eat out” one morning toward the end of our stay. We chose Sweet Sage and were very glad we did. The cheerful greeting we received upon entering was enough to brighten our day and the many humorous signs in the restaurant kept the mood going. It was difficult to pick from the many creative offerings on the menu. I started with fresh squeezed tangerine juice. For the main course I decided on potato skins stuffed with ham and a special scrambled egg concoction on top and a side of baked apples. Wow, what a breakfast!! It’s not the cheapest place to eat, but it’s sure one of the best that I've tried.

Thank you for your delightful review of Sweet Sage. It is a special place for us and we love it when our guests feel the same way. We always have something new to see and eat so please come back when in the area and bring a friend. You will always be welcome. Thank you.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I've written several reviews of this restaurant over the years, all positive. This year is no exception. After 20 or so visits in January 2014, I remain convinced that the management and staff of this operation can do no wrong.

What always catches my attention is the service. Having a meal or a coffee at the Sweet Sage is an experience, and it is clear that these folks understand that what makes an operation like this stand out from the crowd is the emotional connection established between the customer and the staff. Of course the food is good and the botanical gardens out back on fine day is a unique place to have a good meal, however, once one has been looked after by the folks at the Sweet Sage, they will not forget it. They are a remarkable collection of people. They seem happy to be there and because the staff turnover is remarkably low year-over-year, one can conclude that Barbara and John are taking darn good care of them.

The business has expanded this year to include a boutique. It would be difficult to avoid finding something to appeal to nearly anyone.

Check the place out. Look for the name-tags and their home States. At the risk of forgetting one of them you will be treated very well if you find yourself at the receiving end of the interpersonal skills of Jen, Cathy, Catherine, Sue, Amanda, Rick, *Our Pet* Juliette, Heather, Barbie, Sheena, or the owners Barbara and John who will be working along side of everyone else when things get busy. [I hope I will be allowed back next year if I have missed anyone :) ]

Thank you for your delightful review of Sweet Sage. It is a special place for us and we love it when our guests feel the same way. We always have something new to see and eat so please come back when in the area and bring a friend. We always love getting you annual review and you will always be welcome. Thank you.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I came here with a bunch of friends and we really enjoyed the food and the whole atmosphere. It has a very at-home feel and the food is unique and well prepared with several options. We even came back a second time on our vacation there.