Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Malibu Beach Resort(North Redington Beach)
TripAdvisor
Coral Shores Resort(North Redington Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
2,767 results
All reviewsmangos restaurantdouble treegulf viewwarm cookiesbreakfast buffetdoubletree beach resortgreat beachtop floorgulf of mexicoparking garagebeach chairsjohn's passocean frontspring breakthe entire staffpete beachtiki
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in late July 2010 with my wife and 5 year old child. Check in was ok, but I had to wait a little while one front desk person helped another customer and the other was taking a reservation on the phone. I had booked a non-view room but was given an upgraded gulf view room on the 5th floor, since I am a Hhonors Diamond member and have room upgrade/free breakfast as my requested benefit. I was also given 2 bottles of water, and free Internet access.
ROOM:
The room was a good size and had a balcony overlooking the beach and gulf. There were Neutrogena products in the bathroom. There was a small refrigerator and a Wolfgang Puck coffee machine in the room, but there was NO safe in the room. The television does not have PPV, but did have Showtime. Housekeeping was good, as our room was cleaned by 12:30. The Air Conditioner unit was very loud.
FOOD: We ate breakfast in the restaurant both days. Rather than having the free continental breakfast from our vouchers, we used them towards other menu items. Each voucher was worth $6.45 towards the price of the other breakfast items. We also ate lunch in the restaurant. The food was pretty good and the prices seemed reasonable. The restaurant staff was very friendly.
OTHER: You can rent beach chairs and umbrellas for $25 (+ tax) and charge it to your room. They also had wave runners and water bikes for rent. The elevators in the hotel are very slow and very hot. The hotel could use some updating, and shouldn't be called a resort.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

Stayed here for the second time on July 27 - 30. Room is comfortable and clean, but the best part of the hotel is the fact that's right on the beach with a lovely view from the balcony (if you choose a gulf view room - very much worth it in my opinion). The staff is very friendly and helpful and almost everyone welcomed us back. Had breakfast each day at Mangos Restaurant (included in our rate) and it was very good. Rented the chairs and umbrella for $25 a day. We stayed during the week (not a weekend) and it was pretty quiet, which we enjoyed. We walked to a local restaurant (Conch Republic, good food!) and had a short drive to St. John's Pass with more restaurants and shopping. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a nice beach vacation.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I had an absolutley wonderful experience at this hotel. I was travelling alone to meet family in the area, so I was very wary of what I might find at the hotel. I had researched the area and read lots of reviews of this and other hotels. This hotel had pages of positve reviews and little negative. Also, the price was comparable based on other hotels, amenities, free-parking, location and service. I chose this hotel and I was not disappointed.
From start to finish my weekend (July 23-26), was wonderful. I had a rental car so the free, easy parking was the first welcoming amenity. At check-in, I was greeted with smiling faces and an attitude of "whatever you need" to enjoy your stay, and a warm, choc-chip cookie which was amazingly good.
My room was clean, quiet and beautiful. Sliding glass doors to a balcony overlooking the beach was such a welcome sight after a long day travelling. You can preselect amenities to be delivered to your room, and they were waiting for me, as I had requested. My sister joined me unexpectedly so I ordered a rollaway which was delivered right away..within minutes it was at my door with a smiling,helpful staff member. The room had a refrigerator and Wolfgang Puck coffee and coffe makers..the coffee was great..amazingly good for in- room hotel coffee. I also like that this hotel is a Green hotel..they recycle and have dividers in the wastebaskets to help you with recyclable and non-recyclable items. Trash bins around the hotel for recyclable items too.
Another plus is hearing the surf while you sleep and first thing in the a.m. when you wake up. The location is the best right on the beach and the summer sunsets were amazing.
The beach was absolutley lovely and again, a member of the staff was there to assist with getting me some beach towels...even though he was busy setting up for a wedding. That night I ordered a grouper sandwich which was ready with little waiting and was delicious.
Tikki Bar out by the pool had music which was beachy and fun and added just the right touch at sunset. All staff were helpful at all times even though the hotel was sold out and 2 weddings for the weekend. Warm, gracious, genuine service from start to finish.
I drove around the neighborhood which was quaint and beachy but not too busy or crazy. Lots of restaurants nearby if you wanted to go, but the food and ambience of this hotel is hard to beat anywhere.
No workout room, no jacuzzi and slow elevators only negatives if you really are looking for a negative. However, the beach and swimming provide great exercise and relaxation and the slower elevators gave people time to chat with each other for a change. Besides, I would rather be walking the beach, bird and dolphin watching, admiring the beautiful sunsets and swimming than in a gym pushing weights any day! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will hopefully, one day, get to go back! Thanks Trip Advisor for your service..I might never have gone to this hotel if weren't for your site with guest reviews.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2010

You can believe all the other reviews. My wife and 6yr old son stayed here from 7/11 thru 7/15 in a Oceanview room on the 6th fl. The view is awesome. The beach is clean, and every member of the Staff was sincerely helpful. The room was spotless as well as the rest of the Hotel. We ate breakfast there every morning (we booked the free breakfast promo) and everything tasted great, which was surprising for a Hotel restaurant. We rented the Chairs and Umbrella ($25 a day--pricey, but worth it) and it was just steps (37--I counted) to the Tiki bar and lobby. The water was warm and calm, but active enough to make my son happy. They also have underground parking, which was an unexpected pleasure, especially during Summer in Florida. We drove up and down from St Pete Beach to Clearwater Beach, and the entire length was beautiful. It is obvious that all the local communities (from residential homes to businesses) take pride in keeping everything clean and attractive. The west coast of Florida BLOWS away the East coast. Even all the people we encountered at Restaurants and Attractions were sincerely friendly and helpful. I am a pretty picky traveler, but I can honestly highly recommend this entire area as well as this hotel for a Beach vacation.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I manage a group home for disabled adults and took one of my clients to the Clearwater area for the weekend. The hotel was nice enough, nothing luxurious but clean and well appointed. The staff were pleasant and helpful for the most part. Would have appreciated a fitness center on site, but otherwise we were content. Now for the not so good news... on Saturday morning at 4am the fire alarm went off. Needless to say the entire hotel evacuated into the parking lot. Apparently it was a false alarm due to an electrical problem. Well, at 6am the next morning the fire alarm went off AGAIN. This time we just stayed in our room and the bell stopped ringing after a few minutes. Upon departure we spoke to the front desk staff and they could only say "we're sorry about that"...

So yes, I am disappointed that both nights were spoiled by the fire alarm and very little done by the hotel staff to make amends. But overall our experience with Doubletree was a good one. The beach is very nice and the food was good. Even though the weekend wasn't the best, I see why the hotel received such high ratings. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2010