Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It was our second stay and both experiences were terrific. I have seen some postings regarding problems with roaches. We stayed on the top floor and had no such problem - I am terrified of bugs and would have noticed them! So I don't know if it is a problem that has been corrected or if it is restricted to lower floors.

The location is right on the beach - we loved sitting on the balcony. You could not ask for a better location or view. The area is not congested, so it is conducive to a relaxing vacation.

I would rate the staff at this hotel among the friendliest and most helpful I have ever encountered at any price point. Kelli and the evening staff were very helpful with restaurant recommendations, etc. It is very rare to visit a hotel at which every single staff member you encounter is pleasant.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
There are newer reviews for Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach

Reviewed July 5, 2008

My husband, two sons, and I just returned from a week at the DoubleTree and hated to leave. The hotel location could not have been better..right on the beach! The area surrounding the hotel is also very nice for a family..fairly quiet and not over built at all. We were very pleased with all aspects of the hotel..from the room to the staff. We arrived early and were able to check in 1 hr early and we were able to check out 2 hrs late..both were very much appreciated. We ate at the hotel restaurant twice and, although the food was fine, it was a bit expensive. For a nice meal, try The Daquiri Deck down the street. We also went to the Winn Dixie grocery store near by and purchaced bagels, fruit, juice, etc for the room since it comes with a nice size fridge.

My only complaint was the beach chairs/umbrella rentals...$25 a day! You need to factor this in when you book the price of the room if you plan on being on the beach..they do have free chairs closer to the hotel and near the pool but we went to FL to be in the ocean..not in a pool.

Overall, we would definitely return to the DoubleTree on our next vacation to FL.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I'm not sure I can add to the past positive reviews of this property, however I just have to say that it is a lovely resort style hotel, with exceptional staff, great beach front accommodations, exceptional beach and a true pleasure to stay at. Our family of 3 which included myself, my husband and 9 year old daughter did not want to leave this property and would highly recommend a stay here if you are looking for a resort style holiday with all the comforts of home.

Reviewed June 25, 2008

My family of 4 stayed at the Doubletree Beach Resort from 6/18 thru 6/23. We arrived 3 hours early before check in and luckily the room was available. I had read many good reviews of this hotel and I agree with almost all of them. The room was very clean and seemed to be in very good shape. The bathroom was also very clean. We had great housekeeping the whole trip. The beds were very comfortable.

Everyone at the front desk was very helpful. We got alot of good restaurant recommendations from the concierge. The head of housekeeping even went out of her way to go thru the garbage after something had gotten thrown out accidentally. Also, we got cookies whenever we asked.

We had lunch at Mangos twice and breakfast 3 times. We enjoyed the food and loved the view of the Gulf.

The beach was very pretty and clean. I will say that on our last day there did seem to be quite a bit of seaweed. My kids didn't want to swim anymore after that. We did enjoy the pool also.

Beach chairs and umbrellas were available for $25. I feel this is a little pricey. One day rain came thru and they came and took the umbrellas and cushions. We only used them for about 2 hours so I wasn't too happy about that esp. since the sun came out 1/2 hour later but you don't get the umbrella and cushions back.

Overall, I would definately recommend. I'd go back if the opportunity came up. On the day of check out we asked for a 1 1/2 extension and we got it!!

Reviewed June 17, 2008

My spouse and I stayed here for a babymoon. We drove from Orlando and stayed for 2 nights. The first night everything seemed fine since we were probably too tired to notice anything. However, on the second night we noticed three roaches in the bathroom crawling from the wood cabinet they use to stick the towels into. We called the front desk, and they stated they could send someone to spray into our room. They did not offer to move us to another room or take anything off the bill. It took about 15 minutes for the man to come to the room and spray. During this time we saw more roaches crawling from behind the mirror on the wall in the room. I called the front desk to request we be moved to another room. The front desk person said "oh, that's an idea." She mentioned she would check her computer and call back in 2 minutes. The call never came, and I did not pursue it as I figured the other rooms were probably infested with roaches as well. The man finally came in with a can of raid and was the only one that apologized but tried to downplay the incident. He stated sometimes these things happen in Florida. We went to sleep, but kept waking up throughout the night to ensure no roaches were around us. It was horrible. Luckily we were checking out the next morning. Upon check out no one asked how the stay was, and so we left.
The only good thing about the hotel is the location by the beach. The food from Mangos is overpriced and tasteless and the rooms need cleaning and exterminating services as other reviewers have posted.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank SetADrift
Reviewed June 14, 2008

My friend and I went down for a girls getaway weekend. Neither of us have stayed at a Doubletree and were pleasantly surprised by the free cookies at check in. Also, the check in staff was very congenial. We got a 2 double bed room, ocean view w/balconey.
The view was awesome. The room was nicely appointed with newer furniture and deco. Neutrogena products were the hotel complimentaries in the bathroom. It had all of the basics as listed on their website: TV, fridge, hair dryer etc. The beds were comfortable and tons of pillows and blankets were available in the room. The balcony had the typical 2 white plastic chairs & small coffee table. No big deal for us! We spent most of our time on the beach. We rented the beach chairs w/umbrella ($25/day plus tip). This was well worth it to us since we spent almost every minute on the beach. There is a beach store (like "Wings") across the street from the hotel. If you want, you can buy inexpensive chairs and umbrellas from there.
We ate breakfast both times at the hotel restaurant. We made sure we sat outside on the HUGE deck. We loved the view! It was probably about $10-12 pp for breakfast. On Sat. they had a nice buffet. I did sneak back to the front desk twice and got more cookies. They were more than happy to give them to me!
We got some yummy pina coladas at the Tiki Bar. The bartender even added some dark rum shots on top! They were probably about $5-7 a piece. They were well worth it!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Loved this hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is very small but we spent our time on the beach. There are restraunts within a short drive. Ate breakfast at the hotel restraunt and it was ok, nothing special but did the job. You can rent waverunners, sailboats and other watersports right on the beach. We rented a motorboat close by. The best part of the hotel was the warm cookies. You can get them anytime you want, so help yourself. Staff was very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Redington Beach
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
#13 of 32 in St. Pete Beach

Been to Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach

Address: 17120 Gulf Blvd, North Redington Beach, FL 33708-1443
Location: United States > Florida > North Redington Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Redington Beach
Price Range: $124 - $335 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach 3.5*
DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel