I cannot say how wonderful the entire staff at the Doubletree in North Redington Beach, FL were to my freinds and I during this last weekend. We went for a simple girls trip to celebrate one of us turning 50. They immediately upgraded us to a oceanfront room. People were amazingly friendly - everyone from the room service, to the bartenders, and especially the front desk.
The hotel is in a great location. The trolley stops right outside. There's a Winn Dixie about a mile away a few restaurants within walking distance (Conch), John's Pass Village is within 10 minutes and Clearwater is 25 minutes north. There's live music most of the day, the pool was great and the scenery is awesome.
We were staying for 3 nights - turned into more due to Hurricane Sandy. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating and helpful. Everyone knew us and asked what the update was, what they could do for us and how they could help. They turned a stressful situtation into a family affair - making us laugh, realize being stuck there was not that bad.
A special thanks to Terry and Mark at the front desk and Eddie out at the outside bar. We had a GREAT TIME - even though we had to continuously go to the airport to try to get on a plane. When we came back it was apparent that it was time to just relax!
Only complaint - drinks at the pool bar are expensive - however, that's easily solved by going to the Winn Dixie. I can't wait to return.
BTW, we got back to DC by flying into Charlotte and staying at a Country Inn and Suites. Not only was it a dump, they were rude! and our bathroom hadn't been cleaned. Terry and his staff set the bar a bit too high to walk into that place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel
- Doubletree North Redington Beach
- Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Florida