Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Here on work. Nice break from the long drives. This one is a gem. the physical plant has seen better days but the staff make up for any shortcomings the place has. Breakfast staff was great. And the eggs benedict actual could pass on the steam table. That's no small task. I'll be back!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed here for four nights in late May. The town itself seemed kind of dead and there wasn't much to it, but the hotel is very nice. I stayed in a gulf view room which overlooked the beautiful beach. Sometimes from the room I could even see fish! The beach itself was very nice. The sand was like powdered sugar and you could walk very far out into the water and still see the bottom. All of the staff was very nice and helpful, especially the maids and wait staff.

Here's what I didn't like:

-The food. I can't believe that in 2012 there are still restaurants that don't have a single vegetarian entree that isn't salad. I got a pasta dish (minus the chicken) one night which was kind of cold and gave me a pretty bad stomach ache afterwards so I decided not to eat there any more. The breakfast buffet was very good though.

-The beach lounge chairs. I'm not really sure if these are reserved through the hotel or a private company comes and does it but I found the process very sketchy. For $25 a day, you can rent a lounge chair on the beach. They're very nice and comfortable. One day we were only going to be there for about 2 hours and so he charged us much less. The next day we were going to be there for less than 2 hours and he charged us even less. So I guess the price is somewhat negotiable. The last day we planned on spending the entire day at the beach. We went to a chair and put our things on it. There was no reservation tag. We got in the water and a little while later I had to bring something back to the chairs and there was still no reservation tag. Eventually, we had enough of the water and were ready to lay around. When we went back to our chairs there was a reservation tag on it for someone else, even though there hadn't been one before and our things were clearly on the chair. We stood there confused for a moment and the woman in the chair next to us said that she had reserved the chairs. We didn't understand why they would rent out chairs with things on them already, so she apparently told the guy you pay that the stuff was hers. Kind of strange, no big deal, we moved to a different set of chairs. We paid our money, got our reservation tag, and stayed for about two hours then decided it was time for lunch. When we got back from lunch we were in the room putting our bathing suits back on when we saw someone else laying in our chairs, paying the guy for them. By the time we got back down those people were gone, but I'm still confused as to why this isn't regulated better.

Those are my two biggest complaints. Overall it was a nice trip and the hotel is definitely recommended. It's kind of pricey though and everything adds up very quickly.

Room Tip: Definitely get a gulf view
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great place to stay even if it is a bit expensive. But in a whole you have your money worth.
Restaurant, beach, rooms , staff, everything is in place to make of this hotel a great place.
The only minor problem, the elevators are so damn slow. But I will return anytime

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is such a great place to stay. Whole place is always clean. The staff is always fantastic, everyone is very friendly. The beach is great- soft sand, great water. You can rent lounge chairs with umbrellas for $25. This is my 3rd visit and I've always been pleased. My cookie is always warm too.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed here one night while traveling for work. I was upgraded to a gulf view room which makes all the differance. The rooms themselves are a standard hotel room, clean, neat, nice. The best part is the balcony that almost hangs over the beach. I slept with the balcony door open and went to sleep with the sounds of the waves in my head on a very comfortable bed.

The beach is a slower pace than Clearwater. It was a bit of a drive but that is part of its charm. most relaxing less trendy. It is a good fit for my style and people with families. If you are looking for the party crowd I would go elsewhere.

The food was great and I loved having a drink watching the sun go over the horizon of the gulf.

My interaction with the staff was limited but good. One of my favorite parts is free parking and no resort fee. I hate Hiltons that tack on parking and resort fees that should be included in the room rate.

Geat place to stay for a night, weekend, or week if you love the beach.

Room Tip: Pay for the gulf view. Otherwise stay in Tampa.
1  Thank Machaveli1
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I travel on business to St. Petersburg at least 4 times a year for the last 3 years, and I have stayed at this hotel 90% of the time. What keeps me going back is the customer service. Front the front desk to the restaurant, everyone is so nice and always has a great attitude. This is also a beachfront hotel, so you can walk right out and enjoy the Gulf. They just upgraded their network, so the hotel is not only 100% wireless, it's complimentary!

The hotel is built like a rectangle: one side facing the gulf and the other side facing the street. All rooms have balconies. you have a fridge and a coffee maker but no microwave. 36in flat screen TV, but no HD reception. I always stay in a king bed room with a desk, lounge chair and ottoman.

Mangos restaurant offers a hot breakfast buffet for $14. sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, oatmeal, fruit, bagels, muffins, and toast.. but NO grits. They also have a menu if you want to order an omelette. You can sit inside of outside on the covered patio overlooking the Gulf. In the evening, they offer pretty much everything from steak to fish to pork chops. Their buffalo wings are huge and delicious.

From the pictures of the hotel, it does look a little dated, but it is very clean and updated on the inside. Not alot of young people stay at this hotel, mostly an older, quieter crowd and families. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to St. Petersburg, and please let them know how much you appreciate them when you leave from your enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: If you can, pay extra for a room with a gulf view. It's worth watching the sunset.
1  Thank Johnny L
DoubletreeLaurie, General Manager at Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive, detailed review about our resort! We wanted to let you know of a few upgrades we’ve made recently: We have added a new microwave in our 24-hour convenience store. Our flat panel TV’s in all of our guest rooms are actually 40” and our channel selection has 66 channels including 24 High Definition (HD) channels, which is more than most full-service resorts at this time. We thank you for your feedback and hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. Every employee was very nice. Whenever they walked by you, they always spoke. The rooms were nice size & clean.Oh and the beds were so comfy! Loved that there were robes in the closet. Perfect location. Right on the beach. The tiki bar outside on the beach was excellent! Good drinks, good times & good food. Ask for Eddie! He kept us laughing the entire time we were there. The pool was nice, clean & good size. They also supply beach towels. You are able to rent chairs & umbrellas right on the beach. Would definetly go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Barefoot Beach Hotel
Barefoot Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
#12 of 32 in St. Pete Beach

Been to Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach

Address: 17120 Gulf Blvd, North Redington Beach, FL 33708-1443
Location: United States > Florida > North Redington Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Redington Beach
Price Range: $147 - $371 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach 3.5*
DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel